Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Hungarian Grand Prix

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear. A mere three posts on this magnificent sporting spectacle, with one poster posting twice and the other poster being BG. Says it all really :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I enjoyed that GP but still hold the opinion that Ferrari get away with things that other teams don’t and Vettel gets to benefit every time.

Hamilton is cringeworthy in interview but untouchable as a driver on his day. Thrilling to watch him drive.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Quite getting into the F1 this season. Good job by Hamilton. Bottas was more stockcar than F1. Entertaining drive

D

Deleted member 2719

Boring race, Lewis should be thanking his lucky stars that Bottas is so accommodating.
Thank God Ricardo was showing a bit of entertainment.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I enjoyed that GP but still hold the opinion that Ferrari get away with things that other teams don’t and Vettel gets to benefit every time.

Hamilton is cringeworthy in interview but untouchable as a driver on his day. Thrilling to watch him drive.

Like many working class sportsman, he’s great at his craft, but a shy public speaker. Hamilton touched on this the other day when he said it’s far scarier having to give an address to the entire Mercedes Powertrain staff which he has to do, than race at 200mph.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I thought that, when Vettel passed Raikkinon at the same corner he passed right round the outside, it’s a fast corner. He had absolutely no need to take the risk of taking the apex like he did.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

My favourite Hamilton interview quote is the obligatory thanking of the great crowd especially in some middle Eastern dustbowl with one shiekh and a camel in attendance.

Also remember the classic ''James Clark'' interview when Vettel had to correct him on whose record he'd broken. Sorry Mirror website is hideous.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/malaysian-grand-prix-lewis-hamilton-3300644

Last edited:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Only watched the Channel 4 highlights package. Which would probably be better described as the "Daniel Ricciardo recovery drive" highlights package ... every time I blinked they were showing him making a move somewhere.

The Bottas / Vettel incident was of Vettel's own making, although I'm not sure what Bottas was thinking taking it so deep on such a shallow line when the drivers all know that a pass around the outside of 2 isn't just possible, but likely when the driver behind has the faster tyres. Bottas / Ricciardo incident was entirely Bottas' fault - he massively overcooked it on the late braking trying to defend and still slid into Ricciardo despite having been left acres of space on the inside. I thought his post-race interview excuse (saying that Ricciardo should have left him even more room) was pathetic (and the stewards quite rightly gave him a slap on the wrist).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great stuff from Lewis again,hope he doesn't overdo the partying during the Summer break.Good drive from Gasly too-the only B team driver to finish on the same lap.Shout out for Alex Lowes winning the Suzuka 8-hour,without an injured team mate.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That wasn't the greatest spectacle for fans, the track was not the best for overtaking so once again the race was decided on qualifying and pit strategy. On another track there was no way Vettel would have been stuck behind Bottas for lap after lap.

I'm not a huge F1 fan, but I want to see Vettel and Hamilton tussling at the front and races not being decided in strategy rooms and by dodgy wheel guns.

It could have been a better race if Red Bull wasn't so unreliable at the moment, and Verstappen could have stayed on the Ferrari tails for a bit. I'm sure he would have had a go at the cars in front if he had got the chance.

On Sky they mentioned changes to the wings for next season that should make overtaking easier, I really look forward to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here