Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in Europe: what are the chances?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
About 15 years ago, one of the years we were in the process of getting relegated back into League 1, I bet a Liverpool-supporting mate that Albion would get into the Premier League before Liverpool won the Premier League.

I was a big underdog at the time as they had just finished second or third I think, but obviously ended up winning the bet.

Now I’ve taken him up on a sequel bet, that Albion will get into Europe before Liverpool win the Premier League... Underdog again I’d think!

So what are my chances, oracles of NSC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Best chance would be via an FA Cup win I think. Or even just reaching the final if we played one of the top four in it.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Best chance would be via an FA Cup win I think. Or even just reaching the final if we played one of the top four in it.

Yep, this is a key part of my rationale!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I’ve taken him up on a sequel bet, that Albion will get into Europe before Liverpool win the Premier League... Underdog again I’d think!

So what are my chances, oracles of NSC?
Not much chance of us getting to Europe. But even less chance of Liverpool winning the PL.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not much chance of us getting to Europe. But even less chance of Liverpool winning the PL.

What makes you say that? In the last 10 years, the following have played in Europe (outside the big 6):
West Ham
Southampton
Hull
Everton
Wigan
Swansea
Newcastle
Stoke
Fulham
Birmingham
Aston Villa
Portsmouth
Burnley

Not sure why wouldn't have much of a chance? :shrug:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
What makes you say that? In the last 10 years, the following have played in Europe (outside the big 6):
West Ham
Southampton
Hull
Everton
Wigan
Swansea
Newcastle
Stoke
Fulham
Birmingham
Aston Villa
Portsmouth

Not sure why wouldn't have much of a chance? :shrug:

Burnley as well!

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009

Our last bet lasted about 15 years, so quite happy for this one to run for a while as well :)

I think City have the next year or two sewn up, after which who knows whether Liverpool will still have Klopp, Salah etc.

Whereas we could sneak a League Cup in the next few years, maybe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We would have to win. Runners-up no longer qualify for the Europa League as UEFA no longer allow it.
So you actually need to be the champions to qualify for the Europa League, but you can finish 4th to qualify for the Champions League. Well done UEFA.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here