Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Barber's where you can get a wet shave.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hi everyone, this post has got nothing at all to do with Paul, honestly.

I used to be able to get a regular wet shave and beard trim from a barber local to me, AlBaddar in Henfield. Unfortunately they, and many other establishments, no longer seem to offer this service, (all to do with health and safety preumably, and impending law suits if the barber nicks the customer by mistake)..

Does anyone know of a barber in Brighton that does still offer the full barbershop experience, haircut, wet shave, beard trim, hot towels etc?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hi everyone, this post has got nothing at all to do with Paul, honestly.

I used to be able to get a regular wet shave and beard trim from a barber local to me, AlBaddar in Henfield. Unfortunately they, and many other establishments, no longer seem to offer this service, (all to do with health and safety preumably, and impending law suits if the barber nicks the customer by mistake)..

Does anyone know of a barber in Brighton that does still offer the full barbershop experience, haircut, wet shave, beard trim, hot towels etc?

Eddie's Traditional Turkish Barbers do the whole lot on Boundary Road I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that most Turkish barbers did that I dont know one in Brighton but the one in The Orchards Haywards Heath does it. No 89 bus from Cowfold.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Is this feller still about in Baker Street ? He'd see you right

CoopersForHaircuts_small_s.jpg

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Sharp scissors in kemptown definitely does. And it is Turkish.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought that most Turkish barbers did that I dont know one in Brighton but the one in The Orchards Haywards Heath does it. No 89 bus from Cowdold.

Good call BG many thinks. In the old days Haywards Heath was quite accessible from my village, with the 86 running half a dozen times a day, now it's been axed, (the 89 runs occasionally from Horsham), it's easier for me to head into Brighton by public transport.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I believe it is to do with insurance reasons, why alot of Barbers dont offer the service. Is a huge outlay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barber's where you can get a wet shave.

My face.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports