Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Camera phone *****

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
So I just got home from a fantasic night watching a brilliant Bowie tribute act at Concord 2 however I can't show you any of it as i didn't record it on my phone.....cos I'm not a ****ing pleb. Why to grown adults feel the need to badly record a small piece of life rather than living it? Do they think they will ever watch it back? Do they think they can relive the moment that they basically missed the first time by watching it on a small screen and blocking the view of the people behind? The average age of the crowd tonight was ****ing old, surely grown adults are beyond this sort of childest behaviour.

And it's not like is a one off never to missed moment, it's a ****ing tribute act who will be back in a couple of months, and as good as they were if you want to listen again, play an original Bowie album which would be better.

Some people were dancing, singing, clapping and really enjoying themselves while others stood motionless phone aloft capturing a grainy, poor quality video of the back of someone else's head.

Wankers

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
So I just got home from a fantasic night watching a brilliant Bowie tribute act at Concord 2 however I can't show you any of it as i didn't record it on my phone.....cos I'm not a ****ing pleb. Why to grown adults feel the need to badly record a small piece of life rather than living it? Do they think they will ever watch it back? Do they think they can relive the moment that they basically missed the first time by watching it on a small screen and blocking the view of the people behind? The average age of the crowd tonight was ****ing old, surely grown adults are beyond this sort of childest behaviour.

And it's not like is a one off never to missed moment, it's a ****ing tribute act who will be back in a couple of months, and as good as they were if you want to listen again, play an original Bowie album which would be better.

Some people were dancing, singing, clapping and really enjoying themselves while others stood motionless phone aloft capturing a grainy, poor quality video of the back of someone else's head.

Wankers
Pics...

Or it didn’t happen

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
There are exceptions. Two years ago I went to see the Springsteen "The River" tour a couple of times. I knew in advance that he was releasing every show later with high quality sound. So I filmed as much as I could of one of the shows and then dubbed on the official audio. I now have a fantastic souvenir of a tour that will likely never be repeated - and I still enjoyed it live, it is no big deal to hold a phone in the artist's general direction.

Here's a bit. No regrets whatsoever. But then he's not a Bowie tribute act. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even worse are people who chat all the way through concerts, as though it’s back ground music to their night’s drinking. Worse was some moron who took a phone call during an FKA Twigs concert; her music is quite subtle and quiet; unbelievable.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
There are exceptions. Two years ago I went to see the Springsteen "The River" tour a couple of times. I knew in advance that he was releasing every show later with high quality sound. So I filmed as much as I could of one of the shows and then dubbed on the official audio. I now have a fantastic souvenir of a tour that will likely never be repeated - and I still enjoyed it live, it is no big deal to hold a phone in the artist's general direction.

Here's a bit. No regrets whatsoever. But then he's not a Bowie tribute act. :)

Probably available to buy an authorised, high quality recording for no more than £20 though?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
agree with the OP on this ....all this selfie and uploading crap is just out of hand , it really is ridiculous....as you say live the moment .

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This has become my big pet hate. During the World Cup there were groups of people watching the penalty shootout through their phone. Seems a lot of money to pay to watch something on your phone.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I remember what thing Oasis at Wembley Stadium, a few years back.
Thought we had a great view, until these two 'oriental visitor/tourists' turned up, with the mother of all phones and started to record, much to the annoyance of all nearby.
Let's just say, it was the shortest recording of all time :lolol:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
At Jack White’s tour this year, you had place your phone in a locked bag on entry - works really well and you really felt the whole audience was much more engaged - even having to talk to each other before the gig started!
I think this is the way forward.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Quote from Sean Hughes.

"A bloke sat next to me at the football recording the whole game on his iPad. I asked him if he was enjoying the game.... He said 'dunno, I haven't seen it yet'

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Memories, I still got great vids form the Bell after the Wigan game on the phone and watch them every so often as it was a great day.

What happens if you get dementia later in life? No videos to watch of all the good times you had.

Embrace technology

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was watching a Boiler Room performance by Guy Gerber the other day and the organiser told everyone to put their cameras away as the show was [obvioulsy] being filmed and they could watch it shortly online.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
At A Perfect Circle gig a few weeks ago it was strictly no phones/cameras and anyone ignoring it was made to delete their photo/video or ejected. I wish this was the case at every gig.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Memories, I still got great vids form the Bell after the Wigan game on the phone and watch them every so often as it was a great day.

What happens if you get dementia later in life? No videos to watch of all the good times you had.

Embrace technology

The Bell? Not heard of that band, where did they play that evening?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At A Perfect Circle gig a few weeks ago it was strictly no phones/cameras and anyone ignoring it was made to delete their photo/video or ejected. I wish this was the case at every gig.

Berghain in Berlin has a no-photo policy for gigs and club nights. Similarly you will be asked to delete or leave.

el punal

Does anyone remember the hilarious incident last season at the Emirates when we played Arsenal? Behind the serried ranks of Albion fans were all the Arsenal ‘tourists’, who, at the end of the game pointed their phones, cameras, go-pros, selfie sticks, etc., at us to capture the moment of how TRUE football fans react. We showed them Captain Mainwaring!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Wankers

:needpics:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I was watching a Boiler Room performance by Guy Gerber the other day and the organiser told everyone to put their cameras away as the show was [obvioulsy] being filmed and they could watch it shortly online.

Similarly at Secret Cinema events in London you are required to seal your phone in an opaque bag before entering. Anyone found using their phone during the event for non-emergency reasons are ejected. Really does make things 100x better when people are engrossed in the event rather than filming the whole thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here