Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man U Initiative to create atmosphere

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fair play to the club and the supporters groups for acknowledging there's a problem and trying to do something about it. It's easy to mock them, just because it's Man Utd.

Club prices out hard core passionate fans. Club is instead filled with tourists who don't care about paying one off ridiculous prices. Club then wonders why atmosphere is in decline and consults fans on how it can be improved.

Couldn't make it up

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Club prices out hard core passionate fans. Club is instead filled with tourists who don't care about paying one off ridiculous prices. Club then wonders why atmosphere is in decline and consults fans on how it can be improved.

Couldn't make it up

You don't have to make it up, that just describes modern football. It's more prevalent at the top level because it was easier for the money men to price out the traditional support, season ticket prices at Arsenal and Chelsea are ridiculous.

el punal

This is a more interesting article from the same site:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...premier-league-hated-clubs-loved-14963394.amp

85% of Albion fans hate Utd but only 5% of Utd fans hate us.

Not surprised really.

Bollocks! I would imagine most Albion wouldn’t give a stuff about Man Utd or Chelsea or Liverpool. The vast majority of us resent one team, and one team only, C****** P*****, and likewise vice versa. Yes, most fans would laugh at any demise of a top team and that’s mostly down to envy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have some sympathy with manu on this one. Away from home, their support is second to none. Remember when we played FC United at withdean. Best away support I have ever seen. Any most fans think the same, as they are the genuine man s that get tickets.

At home, it is a tourist park, as is Liverpool, arsenal and again when we go on holiday to places like Barcelona or Milan.

For these " fans" and we had a few last season at the Amex, it's about the experience, not actually getting behind the team. Seeing their team up close rather than on a box...they don't understand the constant chanting or slagging players off...it's not what they are used to or expect.

Oh btw, my mate is a medic in NY and he was on duty for the manu game over there and was invited to the training game to watch them. I asked him that if there was any fans watching, to ask them what they thought of brighton...he went up to a group of lads following them around the US and their immediate replay was they are just a bunch of gays and you have to be careful going to that town!!! I kid you not. So for that reason and that reason alone, **** em.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have heard on the grapevine there’s a group of spotty Herbert’s who dress in black, have their own drum,and colouring crayons who are now homeless and looking to relocate somewhere. Perhaps Mr Mourinho could facilitate a transfer of these spirited young ‘uns to really get the atmosphere at O/T jumping.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bollocks! I would imagine most Albion wouldn’t give a stuff about Man Utd or Chelsea or Liverpool. The vast majority of us resent one team, and one team only, C****** P*****, and likewise vice versa. Yes, most fans would laugh at any demise of a top team and that’s mostly down to envy.

Unlike you I can't speak for everyone else but I hate Manchester United, second only to palace. Every since Whiteside's assault on Ramsey. Add in they were one of the clubs that sought to change the distribution of home gate receipts and will constantly be trying to get bigger shares of tv income to the detriment of the competition. I hate them and hope they sink, just on the coat tails palace.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Maybe it's because we were there making a noise??

Is the correct answer.
Moving their 500 noisy fans close to us generated an impetous for them to actually try to drown us out (always on a hiding to nowhere).
This, IMHO, is the best way to generate noise at otherwise sterile grounds. Away fans are always going to be loud and if the loud sections of home fans are too far away from them there isn't the same desire or perceived need to out sing them. Clubs should always place the away fans in sight and hearing distance of their own "singing section" and put the family section and corporates as far away to the opposite end as possible.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Unlike you I can't speak for everyone else but I hate Manchester United, second only to palace. Every since Whiteside's assault on Ramsey. Add in they were one of the clubs that sought to change the distribution of home gate receipts and will constantly be trying to get bigger shares of tv income to the detriment of the competition. I hate them and hope they sink, just on the coat tails palace.

This, as a youngster who supported my local and let’s be honest , pretty awful football team, the mickey taking from mates and others who supported big clubs was unrelenting, and, United fans were always the worst of the plastics

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

With the greatest respect I think you misjudge people. I would suggest that most fans supporting their local team, especially those in or with a long history of being in lower divisions absolutely detest ManU. They represent, more than any other of the top6, everything wrong with modern football and all we hate about the direction of the game, TV, money, corporate takeover, etc. Owned by a group only interested in making money. It is neither a passion nor a trophy purchase for them. They saddled the club with debt to fund yhe purchase rather than use their own money or take on the debt themselves. They have configured the club, stadium and everything to make dividend payments to themselves.

That club is the worst example of modern football.

And don't get me started on the plastic fans!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My 'sponsored post' made me chuckle as it seemed to fit:

"Waterparks, entertainment, kid-friendly buffets"

Then I thought it through.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Load of shit you are spouting.

Absolutely despise them and everything they represent and it's got nothing to do with envy. If the albion had ever taken their path I would have abandoned football.

In addition, my old man instilled into me a deep loathing of them and a certain Whiteside.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Is the correct answer.
Moving their 500 noisy fans close to us generated an impetous for them to actually try to drown us out (always on a hiding to nowhere).
This, IMHO, is the best way to generate noise at otherwise sterile grounds. Away fans are always going to be loud and if the loud sections of home fans are too far away from them there isn't the same desire or perceived need to out sing them. Clubs should always place the away fans in sight and hearing distance of their own "singing section" and put the family section and corporates as far away to the opposite end as possible.

I was at both games and there’s no doubt the atmosphere was much better at the cup game because they allowed more vocal support to move next to us. The atmosphere at Huddersfield was incredible because both sets of fans shared the same stand maybe it should be done more often.

Slightly off topic it was amazing to see the Stretford End completely empty at half time of the cup tie. The poor darlings were freezing in the snow����

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here