Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ticket Transfers

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I know this has been thrashed around NSC before but I do struggle to get my head round.
As a season ticket holder I have bought a ticket for a guest as I`m allowed to do. However the Guest ticket is nowhere near me and ticket comes in my name with rather threatening wording

"Supporters are reminded that tickets are strictly non-transferable and any transfer or resale of tickets is illegal (under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as
amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006). The club has a zero tolerance policy with regards to this and anyone found to be breaking the law is liable to face criminal prosecution"

I`m obviously transfering ticket to my friend as will anybody else who is buying ticket for season ticket holders guest and I will expect him to pay for ticket. Anyone buying ticket for guest will be transfering ticket(no one can use two tickets themselves) yet club says tickets non-transferable. Does any one understand ?

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yeah mate the club has mugged you off and taken money off you for a ticket you can’t use. Unlucky.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I know this has been thrashed around NSC before but I do struggle to get my head round.
As a season ticket holder I have bought a ticket for a guest as I`m allowed to do. However the Guest ticket is nowhere near me and ticket comes in my name with rather threatening wording

"Supporters are reminded that tickets are strictly non-transferable and any transfer or resale of tickets is illegal (under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as
amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006). The club has a zero tolerance policy with regards to this and anyone found to be breaking the law is liable to face criminal prosecution"

I`m obviously transfering ticket to my friend as will anybody else who is buying ticket for season ticket holders guest and I will expect him to pay for ticket. Anyone buying ticket for guest will be transfering ticket(no one can use two tickets themselves) yet club says tickets non-transferable. Does any one understand ?

Here’s an idea. Don’t get a megaphone and tell EVERYONE that your friend is paying you for the ticket. Just get him to do it quietly, like a normal person.

No harm done.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I just presume you are responsible for your friends actions. If he causes trouble etc it's your name on the ticket but as you say you can't use 2 tickets at once

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Guest tickets will always come with your name on them as the club don’t have another fan number to assign the ticket to. As the ticket is in your name you are responsible for the person you pass the ticket too. I’m sure most of the time this isn’t a problem but it’s to discourage guest tickets to end up in the hands of away fans.

As for the problem of tickets being miles away the only way round that I’ve found is to ask for your seat to me move to sit with the guest seats if there is space available. However this means your season ticket is put on general sale for that match.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's the correct answer. It's a rule that isn't strictly policed, so as long as nobody on either side makes a fuss about it there won't be a problem.

Exactly this, it's done all the time. Just make sure your friend knows to keep quiet about it and to keep under the radar. It will be fine.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've bought guest tickets too, the t&c is standard on tickets, but because it has 'guest' on it, that supercedes that condition. What it does mean is that you are responsible for that guest as that ticket is traceable back to you. On the club website, it states that a guest can use the ticket that you provide to them as long as they are known personally to you, no transfer of money, and you can provide any official or police officer proof of name and address on the day of the match.

3.3 If more than one Home Match Ticket is issued to you, one Home Match Ticket must be retained by you, for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her/their personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer to any Guest will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3 below) apply to and bind each Guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the Guest(s) of this). You will provide the name and address of your Guest(s) when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club and/or any police officer. In the event that you and/or your Guest(s) are unable to use any Home Match Ticket then you may transfer that Home Match Ticket(s), with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, to a natural person who is known to you personally and who would be entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry and otherwise) to purchase such Home Match Ticket and attend such Match PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such transfer will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause or any rights to a refund under clause 4.3 below) apply to and bind the transferee as if he was the original purchaser of the Home Match Ticket (and you must inform the transferee of this). You will provide the name and address of the transferee when asked to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club and/or any police officer.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here