Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He insisted on moving into Tony Bloom's seat and the rest of us squabbled amongst ourselves over the rights and wrongs of this self important tit.

Oh wait, that's not what happened. We're not utter chumps here.

What ? All of you ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
View attachment 99253

Did your ultras disband or expand ?

Nice attempt at deflection.

What are your thoughts on the HF trying to boot out legal ticket holding fans AGAIN and your club generally being the laughing stock of the Premier League right now?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At least they make an effort when up before the beak

Was that the one who cried for his dad in court [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION]???

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Nice attempt at deflection.

What are your thoughts on the HF trying to boot out legal ticket holding fans AGAIN and your club generally being the laughing stock of the Premier League right now?

No way should any ST holder be told to move so these ultras can sit in block E. For a start as they need to stand they could not do this in the center of the stand as it would mean everyone would have to stand as you couldn’t see round them or over them, that’s why the corner is really the only place for them.

On a personal level I have sat in block B for 20 odd years and the ultras came to that part of the ground because it is the singing section. Over the last couple of years us older fans have been a concerned that they seem to take their self’s much to seriously and will start singing over the older songs.

I also think the Brighton game last season pissed a lot of us normal fans off, as a game we had looked forward to was spoilt by silly antics.

So next season I hope we hear some old school chants and after a heavy Friday night not having a drum banging away for 90 minuets will be a god send ��

It’s a shame they have thrown their toys out of the pram but no fans are bigger than the club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No way should any ST holder be told to move so these ultras can sit in block E. For a start as they need to stand they could not do this in the center of the stand as it would mean everyone would have to stand as you couldn’t see round them or over them, that’s why the corner is really the only place for them.

On a personal level I have sat in block B for 20 odd years and the ultras came to that part of the ground because it is the singing section. Over the last couple of years us older fans have been a concerned that they seem to take their self’s much to seriously and will start singing over the older songs.

I also think the Brighton game last season pissed a lot of us normal fans off, as a game we had looked forward to was spoilt by silly antics.

So next season I hope we hear some old school chants and after a heavy Friday night not having a drum banging away for 90 minuets will be a god send ��

It’s a shame they have thrown their toys out of the pram but no fans are bigger than the club.

It’ll be interesting to see which club they pretend to be fans of next. Often plenty of empty seats at Millwall ....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A decent and sensible answer :clap2:

Don't go posting it on the bbs :lol:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Still nothing in the press about any of this. Is it a conspiracy or are palace actually insignificant?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Fair enough, it strikes me that they got carried away by their own sense of importance. Without doubt they improved the atmosphere at Selhurst but if I were a Palace fan I would be pissed-off at how they behaved at the last league match at The AMEX. From where I was sitting I could see the bunch in black arrive late and shove loads of other Palace fans out of the way to congregate where they wanted. It turns out that these were the bunch who crashed the turn-styles which led to the Police panicking and closing the gates so that loads of you got locked out. Then in the ground the succession of bangs and smoke bombs must have been a pain in the 4rse for the regular Joes around them, though I like a pyrotechnic personally. It was also pathetic how about 30 of them in black hoodies were in Brighton from lunchtime steaming about scaring the old grannies. I supposed they thought they "owned' the place, when of course Albion fans were at work. You're well shot of them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Shame they have decided to call it a day. I guess that means no more displays like this enormous pair of cocks - presumably a tribute to Steve Parish and Mark Bright?

Attachments

• 140505-039-Crystal_Palace_Liverpool-1024x506.jpg
    140505-039-Crystal_Palace_Liverpool-1024x506.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 647

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
HF make and attempt to expand the atmosphere to include more people (like at Wembley) and dickheads who have had their seats for a few years cry about it and a promise is then receded. When we eventually get relegated and half of Block E disappears like it did before the PL years, I’m sure it’ll all be worth it to keep a few people in their seats.

Wow.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Just got sent a link to their CPFC BBS and this thread made me laugh out loud! What a state of affairs! :clap2:

http://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=275935

”just got sent a link” - lol

Undoubtedly created one of the best atmospheres in the premier league. Not everyone’s cup of tea but they will be sorely missed. That being said they do not dictate to other Palace fans where they choose to sit or have the right to move other season ticket holders. If they don’t want to support the club any longer because of this, **** em.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
”just got sent a link” - lol

huh?

Undoubtedly created one of the best atmospheres in the premier league. Not everyone’s cup of tea but they will be sorely missed. That being said they do not dictate to other Palace fans where they choose to sit or have the right to move other season ticket holders. If they don’t want to support the club any longer because of this, **** em.

So they weren't even fans in the first place and just went for the "atmosphere and self indulgence"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here