Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I hear on the grapevine that King of comedy, Michael McIntyre, is planning a tribute/revival/benefit to raise funds for the new ultra creche.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/12/charlie-cooper-football-this-country-fulham

Fulham fan Charlie Cooper (of the EXCELLENT 'This Country', which returns on Monday)

"The way we support, it is that island mentality. I’ve been to Ajax, games in France, Germany, and places like Dortmund are amazing, and the ultras … but it’s not the same. When Crystal Palace did that whole ultras bit, it was sort of laughable. It’s not English; it’s just not what we do.”

Spot on fella
:clap2:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Third (and final :cry: ) series.

The best series always leave you wanting more.

One of the most pathos-loaded bits of telly I’ve seen in a long while was when Kurtan lost his job as bar steward at the bowls club.

:(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of the most pathos-loaded bits of telly I’ve seen in a long while was when Kurtan lost his job as bar steward at the bowls club.

Martin Mucklowe:

"The last Thursday of every month I used to play pool with Fred West. I know he done some iffy things, but as a builder he was top notch."

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Kurtan, on his job at the Bowls Club: "There was a job going here, and the Vicar made me apply. At first I thought 'f*** this', cos it's full of old stinkers. But they're alright really, once you get to know them. As long as you don't mention foreigners or self-service checkouts."

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The first episode is called "A Letter From Slugs," so I guess will be their tribute to their friend and colleague Michael Sleggs who died far too young after the making of the second series.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The first episode is called "A Letter From Slugs," so I guess will be their tribute to their friend and colleague Michael Sleggs who died far too young after the making of the second series.

I was reading after his death, that when starting the role of slugs he claimed who the role was based on, believing it to be one of their mutal friends, Daisy quickly informed him, the role was soley based on himself.

I have been waiting very patiently for this last series, fully deserves a thread of its own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here