Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
3 pm Saturday I was at a rocking Selhurst.

I had a gander at the Holmesdale Forum and there are a lot of comments on there saying that the small improvement in atmosphere wasn't worth the amount of aggro involved in moving the Always Ultras to the middle. Other amusing comments were along the lines of; "I wish they would sing more songs that other people knew the words to" , and, "they've put them at the back of the stand and so you can't see them on TV anymore". Ha! It's hardly worth getting your mum to iron your black hoodie if you don't get on the telly...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
To be fair to poor Dougie, quite a few parts of that shithole are permanently rocking. Even if nobody's there and there's only a light breeze.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My Palace mate reckoned ‘it was fine, but I wish they would change the record, as same Boring songs as before’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair to poor Dougie, quite a few parts of that shithole are permanently rocking. Even if nobody's there and there's only a light breeze.

Given the strong winds around on Saturday afternoon, it's no wonder that poor Tiny Tears was left on the bench. A slight breeze is typically enough to whip him off his feet: a 55mph gust would blow him all the way to the Emirates faster than you can say "#GodIsGreat"

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Have the TV companies moved the mics from the corner to behind the goal as well so the sound gets picked up on TV

This has irked me for so long about Palace and I think is what's so hilarious about this move.

Sky loves to give each club a narrative. It's good for the game. Palace's "story" is that they have ultras and the best atmosphere in the WORLD. Anyone who's been to Sellhurst knows that it is nowhere near as loud as they make out on the TV. The audio mix is usually biased towards sections of the home crowd with the best atmosphere, but Palace is on another level. You could barely hear the Albion fans when Knockaerts screamer went in.

The so solid crew moving into other peoples seats has made them harder to see and harder to hear. Which is HILARIOUS.

Zaha will leave. The supporters will turn on Parish. Palace will sink. It will be glorious.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Corrected for you.

The journalist's statement "They have protested against the game’s corporate influx and the constraints they say are imposed on modern football" misses "whilst getting fellow fans thrown out of their seats," or "whilst sucking up to / blackmailing the chairman to get special treatment on away tickets they weren't entitled to." The 'constraint' 'imposed on' them didn't seem to prevent them from storming a turnstile, putting one of their stewards in hospital and smuggling banned pyrotechnics into a ground to completely ruin the atmosphere of an away game.

Don't come on here singing their praises. We on here know what real 'Ultra' fans are. They are the kind of people who do everything they can to ensure the survival of football communities throughout the country. Not the kind of people who would blithely trample over fellow supporters. Selfish, aggrandising, corrupt and flaky. The antithesis of all of the values they spout.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
A quick read through the BBS reveals that half the 'stadium' can't hear them. And this is when they're AT HOME.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Think this from the articles sums it up tbh.

D8B63928-3836-4A08-9FD4-203BE8D7A5FE.jpeg

Edit: Bozza beats me to it :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The reporter would have been employed speaking to the loyal fans who got thrown out of their seats to make way for the Primark gang.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here