Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Micheal Vaughan-v Adil Rashid.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Agree with MV on this and frankly is this best we can do Rashid test av almost 43 per wkt or another example of TV money ?:down:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
You could argue ODI or T20 form worked with the selection of Buttler. That said I think Rashid is being selected on one ball, bowls one like Warne and he gets a call up, ,just ridiculous.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I quite liked Vaughan as a player/Captain for England ..but in recent years found him to be a bit of a prick as a pundit ..he seems to deliberately court controversy..still I guess that’s the plan.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think Vaughan is correct. If Rashid has not been playing regular first-class cricket, they shouldn't consider him for a test

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I quite liked Vaughan as a player/Captain for England ..but in recent years found him to be a bit of a prick as a pundit ..he seems to deliberately court controversy..still I guess that’s the plan.

He has a paper to sell, so to speak, so has to be controversial from time to time. Not sure that the current England team have much time for him now.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

He comes across as the English Roy Keane. Like dropping some bait.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Unfortunately if that is all that is available then that is all we can do.
As for MV, he was a good cricketer, but since changing caps has turned into a nonce, in the
Piers Morgan basket now for me.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'd have more respect for Vaughn if he had highlighted that Rashid would not have got into any Yorkshire CCC team just 18 years ago on the grounds of being an Asian born in Yorkshire.

Boycott " do I have to black up my face to get a knighthood" was involved with team selection.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

The Chris Sutton of cricket

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here