Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OFF LIMITS Subject List

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
A (justifiably) deleted recent thread around drug use prompted one poster to suggest that it went against the community spirit of NSC to discuss drugs, as it demonstrated a lack of sensitivity towards those unfortunate to have struggled with drugs in their lives.

I found this very interesting and as a result felt it would be useful to compile a list of subjects that MUST NEVER BE REFERRED TO on this site, should they cause a small number of users to feel challenged.

I'll start with:

DONCASTER ROVERS

Reminds me of my dead dad so if you could all make an effort to remember that it'd be much appreciated. Oh balls I've probably upset all the dead dad people out there now...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, you may have reminded folk of their recently deceased Dads, me for one.

Which is, of course, insensitive, as the subject matter is not of a natural discourse but one to make a point.

There are threads which are useful for normal debate that won't upset sensitivities or should still continue even if they do.

There are threads which are just stupid. Like the one you refer to- and this one.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The running thread should be banned. I read it and thought "That's easy". Decided 2 months before my first and only ever run (The Brighton half) to start 'training'

"You'll be fine on the day", they said.

"You'll love it", they said

I was basically vomiting on my shoes when my body gave up at 11 miles and I will never EVER choose to run again.

So yeah, that one needs to be banned. It either encourages people to run when they shouldn't or it's full of nutcases who actually enjoy running.....and those are dangerous people.

BAN IT.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Talking about leaving a game at half time against Leicester might cause some angst.
Kicking people off of a bike is an instant GDPR fine
Desert Orchid will cause tears.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The running thread should be banned. I read it and thought "That's easy". Decided 2 months before my first and only ever run (The Brighton half) to start 'training'

"You'll be fine on the day", they said.

"You'll love it", they said

I was basically vomiting on my shoes when my body gave up at 11 miles and I will never EVER choose to run again.

So yeah, that one needs to be banned. It either encourages people to run when they shouldn't or it's full of nutcases who actually enjoy running.....and those are dangerous people.

BAN IT.

We LIKE vomiting on our shoes (didn't go down too well when I was on the treadmill at the leisure centre gym, but a plan is a plan eh ?)

#savetherunningthread

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We LIKE vomiting on our shoes (didn't go down to well when I was on the treadmill at the loesire centre gym, but a plan is a plan eh ?)

#savetherunningthread

Due to an upper intestinal issue, I can't vomit like normal people

Thanks a lot for bringing it up :glare:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A (justifiably) deleted recent thread around drug use prompted one poster to suggest that it went against the community spirit of NSC to discuss drugs, as it demonstrated a lack of sensitivity towards those unfortunate to have struggled with drugs in their lives.

I found this very interesting and as a result felt it would be useful to compile a list of subjects that MUST NEVER BE REFERRED TO on this site, should they cause a small number of users to feel challenged.

I'll start with:

DONCASTER ROVERS

Reminds me of my dead dad so if you could all make an effort to remember that it'd be much appreciated. Oh balls I've probably upset all the dead dad people out there now...

Just as a point of order... the drug thread was NOT deleted, just moved to The Other Stuff forum.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Due to an upper intestinal issue, I can't vomit like normal people

Thanks a lot for bringing it up :glare:

I can’t stand normal people. FFS. Off to a safe space full of the unstable, deluded, smelly and stupid now, or the BBS as it’s better known.

Tory councillors are off limits :whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I'll start with:

DONCASTER ROVERS

I think nothing is initially off limits but if then after starting a thread and others or Monitors say it's not appropriate then it is not appropriate It's like everything else in life, follow the rules or don't bother playing

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think nothing is initially off limits but if then after starting a thread and others or Monitors say it's not appropriate then it is not appropriate It's like everything else in life, follow the rules or don't bother playing

Or start up your own forum and make up your own rules like Safeway did (one for the oldies there) :smile:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

"I was only following orders" springs to mind

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Well, you may have reminded folk of their recently deceased Dads, me for one.

Which is, of course, insensitive, as the subject matter is not of a natural discourse but one to make a point.

There are threads which are useful for normal debate that won't upset sensitivities or should still continue even if they do.

There are threads which are just stupid. Like the one you refer to- and this one.

Sometimes you have to push the boat out a bit to make a point, and all discourse, natural or forced, has to start somewhere. Had the original thread been accessible I'd have made it in there.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can’t stand normal people. FFS. Off to a safe space full of the unstable, deluded, smelly and stupid now, or the BBS as it’s better known.

Tory councillors are off limits :whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of Labour councilors are off limits too soon having been de-selected. Madness, I tell thee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here