Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Arce

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I read somewhere that he wants to play in Europe, the Spanish third division to be more specific... dont remember the team.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Billy Arce produced a MotM performance yesterday in a 4-2 win scoring twice for LDU de Quito vs Delfin SC

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seems like he is actually having a really good season.

Yeah when he suddenly turned up in the Copa Libertadores (the South American Champions League) Team of the Week, I started reading up on how he's doing. And now he scored two goals as his team won the semifinal of the Ecuadorian Super Cup.

Very unlikely to ever play for Brighton but should have increased the chances of actually selling him somewhere

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think he has a work permit to play for us.

Under the new rules he must be pretty close now, and agree with swanny- ultimately bodes well for actually getting a fee for him (Argie or Brazil team, perhaps or an ambitious lower league Spanish club maybe).
Seems to have calmed a bit too.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Never quite understood this one, almost felt like it was us dipping our toe in and testing the waters of doing business in South America.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Never quite understood this one, almost felt like it was us dipping our toe in and testing the waters of doing business in South America.

Well, it certainly paved the way for us securing the transfer of Moises Caicedo (when other, much bigger clubs were interested) so even if Arce doesn't ever play for us it could very well prove to be a VERY worthwhile exercise.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah when he suddenly turned up in the Copa Libertadores (the South American Champions League) Team of the Week, I started reading up on how he's doing. And now he scored two goals as his team won the semifinal of the Ecuadorian Super Cup.

Very unlikely to ever play for Brighton but should have increased the chances of actually selling him somewhere
I doubt we will get a fee his deal runs out next week.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well, it certainly paved the way for us securing the transfer of Moises Caicedo (when other, much bigger clubs were interested) so even if Arce doesn't ever play for us it could very well prove to be a VERY worthwhile exercise.

Agreed - would not surprise me if it was an 'initial investment' that helped us with Caciedo / AleMac etc....

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I'd absolutely love to get him in. Since going to prison he seems to have straightened himself out and looks on fire. Sadly though I doubt he'll ever set foot in this country.

Interestingly, and I know this hardly earth shattering news, the club don't even follow him on Twitter or Instagram. We may have even forgotten we ever signed him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here