Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jimmy Collins RIP

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Remember him well, one of my early Albion idols ����

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Remember him when very young.. Him and Bill Cassidy were big drinking mates in days when. Think Collins became a tiler in Southwick

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Frequented a club in Southwick. A true gent except on the field!!! Played against him when he was in his 40's could wind you up, but more importantly was still decent. RIP

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
RIP Jimmy. You gave me and a lot of people a lot of happy memories. You also made a magnificent job of tiling my bathroom and downstairs flooring.
I will never forget seeing him hobble up my stairs with his tiling kit and remembering how he was in his heyday playing for the Albion.
Sad news indeed.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
RIP Jimmy.
I remember seeing him playing at the Goldstone all those years ago.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good player.

I remember when the 1965 promotion side was paraded at the Amex and Jimmy didn't look in the best of health then, it was sad to see such a tough competitor looking like that.

RIP

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
My sister in law works in home help and been visiting him for last couple of years. Both coming from Glasgow they had some great banter evidently.
RIP Jimmy
68f374ed7943464ea63b7f472a20a9fc.jpg

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I played against Jimmy twice back in the 80s when he was playing for Woodmancote. Still a class act then. My mate Wayne, our right back, tried to be clever and Jimmy made him look stupid.

RIP Mr Collins, a great wee player.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
A member of the wonderfully entertaining team that won the 4th division title in 1965, when 6 players scored 10 or more goals.
RIP Jimmy.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He left Albion just before I started watching but so many folk had good things to say about him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He was a great player for us and a good ambassador as club captain. He lived at the time in a club house in Holmes Avenue and would always be one of the players who came over the park after training to play cricket with us kids who used to be allowed to watch pre season training at the Goldstone. They would play three a side under the West Stand before it got completed and spend a lot of time ribbing each other on the pitch, including the time when Bill Cassidy got stripped naked and had to run back to the changing rooms. Great memories indeed.
In later days he played with some of my old mates for Hangleton on Sunday morning at Wish Park.
A proper Albion club legend. Rest in Peace wee Jimmy and join your mates up there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here