Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Buses named after Albion fans

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A community campaigner and Brighton and Hove Albion superfan has been honoured – by having a bus named after her.

Mary Emery, who died aged 93 in February, had followed Brighton and Hove Albion for 89 years, and was at the vanguard of a passionate campaign to save the team in the 1990s when they faced financial ruin and accusations of board mismanagement, eventually losing their Goldstone home ground in 1997.

Marvellous stuff :bowdown::clap:

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...ed-after-albion-superfan-mary-emery-1-8579047

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hurrah!

469maryemery.jpg

gem469m.jpg

maryemery.jpg

http://history.buses.co.uk/history/fleethist/469me.htm

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
bump

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:bowdown:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Slightly off topic, but a few years ago my Middlesboro brother in law came down to watch our game.

We were all queuing for a bus at St Peters, when Roy Chuter's came along and passed by.

My brother in law couldn't understand why 20 or so people in the queue were clapping and bowing to a bus that passed us by.....

When I see Mary's bus, I shall give her a clap. Fantastic.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I assume that the new buses are because the previous buses named after them are among the oldest in the fleet and they're being binned/sold off. A lasting tribute to the gents and also good to have BHAFC branded buses running around the City.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A community campaigner and Brighton and Hove Albion superfan has been honoured – by having a bus named after her.

Mary Emery, who died aged 93 in February, had followed Brighton and Hove Albion for 89 years, and was at the vanguard of a passionate campaign to save the team in the 1990s when they faced financial ruin and accusations of board mismanagement, eventually losing their Goldstone home ground in 1997.

Marvellous stuff :bowdown::clap:

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...ed-after-albion-superfan-mary-emery-1-8579047
Reading your post puts everything back into perspective, I’ve felt for a while we have lost our way off the pitch of late, league one, two, Championship to the PL is irrelevant, whats really important is we have a club to support thanks to this lady RIP and others like her.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Does indeed deserve its own thread.

I've got a real thing about people bouncing old threads especially when there's only a tenuous connection - named buses in this instance.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bloody great that Matt & Jacob are honoured on the new buses.

Big thumbs up to B&H Buses and Martin Perry & AITC.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Reading your post puts everything back into perspective, I’ve felt for a while we have lost our way off the pitch of late, league one, two, Championship to the PL is irrelevant, whats really important is we have a club to support thanks to this lady RIP and others like her.

Still a long way to go yet, we'll be ok :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I assume that the new buses are because the previous buses named after them are among the oldest in the fleet and they're being binned/sold off. A lasting tribute to the gents and also good to have BHAFC branded buses running around the City.

They are the new electric ones aren’t they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here