Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice friendly behind closed doors

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
WTF ?........so that now makes three more friendlies to pick up injuries before the season starts...........unless we're looking at a player there, see no reason for this, we don't have a connection with Patrick Vierra (their coach) as far as I'm aware ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We’ve got a massive squad and what you would consider the first team haven’t played together yet. We do need friendlies particularly with the World Cup players not being involved in that much action yet.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
WTF ?........so that now makes three more friendlies to pick up injuries before the season starts...........unless we're looking at a player there, see no reason for this, we don't have a connection with Patrick Vierra (their coach) as far as I'm aware ?

I’m so glad you know where our players are regarding fitness and match sharpness.

Just a possibility that it’s been arranged for just a couple of first teamers (Andone, Jose maybe a new signing) who haven’t actually played any mins yet.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Well it’s obvious the club don’t know how to run a pre-season, shall I give them your number?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not that it matters obviously, but have we actually won any of our " friendlies"

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I think there are more reasons to have a friendly than picking up injuries and looking at players.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Andone needs games. He is key to our season.

happy with extra games if the club feel it is best way to have us firing all cylinders at Vicarage road.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You could roll that last line to Pop Musik..

Olympic Lyon, Leipzig and fc bologna, Real betis Weder Bremen ..everybody's talkin' about Hudds friendlies...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Surely we want the entire squad match fit and ready for the first game. Andone has had a bit of a knock and needs game time and some of the WC players had an extended holiday so need to get back in the groove.

In previous years I would have had the same concerns but now we have a squad with such quality in depth that if we do pick up a knock or two, we are much better placed to cope now than we have ever been IMO.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Imagine Chris Hughton knows what he's doing and as it's behind closed doors it's not as if it's a money generating friendly.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
for all you people moaning at me, why fly to Nice ? We could choose any club we wanted over here to have a behind closed doors friendly..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I looked at The Argus on line today but didnt see it mentioned, not disputing that it is going to happen though but just curious as to where the news came from.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton mentioned about playing in a friendly abroad after the Charlton game. He didn't say Nice though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here