Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton Ladies Team

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
They done very well they have a seven year plan to get into Europe I'll make an effort to watch a couple of games
Well done the club and our ladies team

image.png
image.png

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Quite.

It's not 'PC gone mad' or pedantry but... they are the Brighton & Hove Albion Women's team. It's a women's team playing in the Women's Super League.

That said, getting to Crawley is a ballache for me - it was so much easier at Lancing. Ah well, Crawley here I come.
That is the problem. I would genuinely go to watch them if it was 10 miles away but 30 miles before and now is too far. I will follow their progress on Twitter and will retain an interest but it isn't quite high enough up on my interest scale to make a 4-5 hour commitment to watch a game.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
When do the fixtures come out, plan on taking the daughter to a few games this season.

Wednesday 1st August, with the first games being played the weekend of the 8th/9th September

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wednesday 1st August, with the first games being played the weekend of the 8th/9th September

Does that mean some games will be played on the Saturday? I'd love to see more games but Sunday fixtures are a pain for me

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep, I'm definitely going along to support the women's team this year.

Anyone who pulls on the stripes represents BHA and they'll get my support.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That is the problem. I would genuinely go to watch them if it was 10 miles away but 30 miles before and now is too far. I will follow their progress on Twitter and will retain an interest but it isn't quite high enough up on my interest scale to make a 4-5 hour commitment to watch a game.

The club did run a free bus service from coastal towns when Brighton played Doncaster Belles last season. I'd hope they'd do the same this season.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The club did run a free bus service from coastal towns when Brighton played Doncaster Belles last season. I'd hope they'd do the same this season.

I still can't understand why Brighton & Hove Albion Ladies FC have been consigned to the dustbin of Crawley! As a none driver it is a total pain to get to, particularly on a Sunday. Hopefully the club, having taken the decision that they have to play at Crawley, will lay on some transport so we can get to the games to support them.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I still can't understand why Brighton & Hove Albion Ladies FC have been consigned to the dustbin of Crawley! As a none driver it is a total pain to get to, particularly on a Sunday. Hopefully the club, having taken the decision that they have to play at Crawley, will lay on some transport so we can get to the games to support them.

One of the criteria in WSL1 is that the stadium has to have a minimum capacity of 5000 which Lancing doesn't have.

I would like to think that one or 2 of the higher profile games (ie Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City etc) will get played at the Amex but whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
First season with all professional clubs in the Women's top division. Should be higher quality football.

Never been.. No interest....Mens Football 98% of spectators Men....Are Womens game spectators 98% women ?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If you look at the sports where women are very much considered equal to men in terms of status, they tend to be ones where they compete side by side on the same ticket - e.g. tennis, athletics etc.

I think what clubs need to look at to really boost women's football is double headers. Obviously protecting the pitch is the concern, but that seems to be becoming much less of an issue at top grounds these days. If the women were to kick off at 12 at the Amex on a match day where the men were kicking off at 3pm, and it was included on the ticket, I think a lot of people would come early and watch.

el punal

If you look at the sports where women are very much considered equal to men in terms of status, they tend to be ones where they compete side by side on the same ticket - e.g. tennis, athletics etc.

I think what clubs need to look at to really boost women's football is double headers. Obviously protecting the pitch is the concern, but that seems to be becoming much less of an issue at top grounds these days. If the women were to kick off at 12 at the Amex on a match day where the men were kicking off at 3pm, and it was included on the ticket, I think a lot of people would come early and watch.

Ah! What fun there would be when the sprinklers come on before the boys game. :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here