Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A couple of potential lineups for the coming season

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There are too many variations to account for, these are just a couple of ideas, shows what great options we have going into the new season.

lineup.png

lineup2.png

RBR

Jul 24, 2018
Hmmm, do you think Knockaert will get the nod over Jahanbakhsh? Also if Jahanbakhsh does end up signing he usually plays as a winger up front. Are you set on this formation? I feel like CH will probably use a different formation this year!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Haven't we improved our right back options? Nothing against Bruno, but I don't think he can do a full season and maybe I need to give the Greyhound more time.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Haven't we improved our right back options? Nothing against Bruno, but I don't think he can do a full season and maybe I need to give the Greyhound more time.

Surely Bruno's role becomes more about the dressing room and 10/15 games rather than being the main rightback in a premier league side due to his age

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Brave man to drop Propper from first line up or Gross from the second.

I think the who point is too show two potential line ups that mean we’ve got more strength in depth than last season. For most games last season a majority of the starting 11 was easy to predict. The only real rotation we saw was the wingers and right back. Now we’ve got options up front, in central defence and central midfield which appear, admittedly on paper at the moment, to give real competition for places. No one is guaranteed to start each week anymore (apart from Maty Ryan).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Brave man to drop Propper from first line up or Gross from the second.

I should have said, these aren't neccessarily a 1st and 2nd choice line up for me, they kind of are, but not exactly. There are too many options, Propper in the middle, Jahanbakhsh in behind the forward, Didn't put Murray in but he has arguably earned the right to play.

Gross has to play whenever possible, but it won't always be and my choice for cover in that position would be Propper I think. You could replace Stephens with Propper in mindfield too, there wasn't much in it for me. I just tried to spread the load around so I could give almost everyone a place, even then there are players missing like Kayal, Suttner, and Murray, who has probably earned the right to play after last season too. We are spoilt for choice.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
its looking very very ..................................GOOD

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
yeah I think the point is that we can now field 2 very strong sides.

You play well you are in the side, If not we have quality gagging to come in.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I like the idea of Gross playing wide.

He's the best crosser of the ball I've seen live. Andone seems like the perfect target man.

I think Gross lacks the pace to play out wide, especially as we rely on our wingers to put in a shift supporting the full back.

More chance of Ali playing at 10 than Propper in my opinion.

Propper plays that role internationally for The Netherlands quite a lot, now we've got additional cover in the centre midfield it's certainly an option.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm thinking a 4-3-3 is very possible, at least at some times.

Gross dropping back to be part of the midfield 3, with a front 3 of Izquierdi, Andone, Alizera!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get the overall point of the thread - starting to look like a properly Premier League squad. Good times.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm interested to see who will be CH's first choice pairing at centre back.

Given their stats., understanding and commitment, I would expect Dunk and Duffy to start at Watford. I would also give Knocky the chance to continue his form of the end of last season.

But I agree, the general point is that we have a much stronger 18 (25) with more goals potential than last season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here