Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] March For Men (Prostate Cancer)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
On Sunday did the March For Men in aid of Prostate Cancer, started at Millwall FC and finished at Wembley Stadium via Crystal Palace, Fulham, Chelsea and QPR.
Long slog of a walk but really well organised by the charity, fans from loads of clubs including a couple of fellow Albion fans. I walked with a couple of Palace fans from my local pub the King And Queen in Caterham and had the humiliation of having to don a Palace scarf and flag at Selhurst, well it was for charity.
Quite a bit of coverage on the March For Men Facebok page.
Meet a few celebrities including a good chat with Mark Bright and medal awarded by Geoff Hurst at Wembley.
Great day out despite a few blisters and a sore hip. I would highly recommend if you get the opportunity.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How about something from The Amex to St Mary's, via Fratton Park!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The four London Walks on Sunday were marathon distance. Speaking to the charities CEO she is keen to open up more walks.

I'd be up for being part of a group to look at one, maybe along the South Downs Way, The Amex to Arundel (that's handy) or something similar

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'd be up for being part of a group to look at one, maybe along the South Downs Way, The Amex to Arundel (that's handy) or something similar

Have a look on the March For Men web site. They had four walks in London taking in various grounds including Non League. Maybe start at Crawley, via Burgess Hill, Lewes and finish at The Amex (is that about 26 miles).
I'm sure they would be delighted to have more walks.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have a look on the March For Men web site. They had four walks in London taking in various grounds including Non League. Maybe start at Crawley, via Burgess Hill, Lewes and finish at The Amex (is that about 26 miles).
I'm sure they would be delighted to have more walks.

Thank you, I'm just off on holiday so will take a look as I'm travelling and see if we can't set up an Albion / NSC event?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Thank you, I'm just off on holiday so will take a look as I'm travelling and see if we can't set up an Albion / NSC event?

From the March For Men site you can arrange your own walk (see attached)
https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/march-for-men
If you need a hand PM me, on the walk I spoke to the CEO and she is keen to open as many walks as possible, you obviously would need to speak to the clubs to start / finish. I've just had a quick chat with the Palace fans who did the walk and they would do a Sussex Walk, just be gentle with them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
From the March For Men site you can arrange your own walk (see attached)
https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/march-for-men
If you need a hand PM me, on the walk I spoke to the CEO and she is keen to open as many walks as possible, you obviously would need to speak to the clubs to start / finish. I've just had a quick chat with the Palace fans who did the walk and they would do a Sussex Walk, just be gentle with them.

Yes getting a few Palace fans involved would be fun and open up more sponsorship opportunities!

billpotter72

Mar 24, 2015
On Sunday did the March For Men in aid of Prostate Cancer, started at Millwall FC and finished at Wembley Stadium via Crystal Palace, Fulham, Chelsea and QPR.
Long slog of a walk but really well organised by the charity, fans from loads of clubs including a couple of fellow Albion fans. I walked with a couple of Palace fans from my local pub the King And Queen in Caterham and had the humiliation of having to don a Palace scarf and flag at Selhurst, well it was for charity.
Quite a bit of coverage on the March For Men Facebok page.
Meet a few celebrities including a good chat with Mark Bright and medal awarded by Geoff Hurst at Wembley.
Great day out despite a few blisters and a sore hip. I would highly recommend if you get the opportunity.

Hi mate, my son and I were on the walk with you :) was great to meet you.
I have a blister the width of my heel and a knackered right quad, and my boy has done his knee ligaments but........ what a great day!
As you say great organisation and wonderful to be involved in something so important.
Echo the sentiment would recommend this to anyone and might go again once I am repaired.
Selhurst.jpg

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Hi mate, my son and I were on the walk with you :) was great to meet you.
I have a blister the width of my heel and a knackered right quad, and my boy has done his knee ligaments but........ what a great day!
As you say great organisation and wonderful to be involved in something so important.
Echo the sentiment would recommend this to anyone and might go again once I am repaired.
View attachment 99129

Well done mate I've just got a couple of blisters and a hurt pride having to wear that Palace flag and scarf, earned a few more sponsors. No pain no gain.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here