Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stoke

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...have spent £6m on James Mclean from WBA and now £10m on Tom Ince from Huddersfield.

I'd be massively underwhelmed I was them - I really don't see them going back up if that's the sort of rubbish they're after.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm the other way. I think they have brought well for the league they are in. They also have a manager i really like,

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm the other way. I think they have brought well for the league they are in. They also have a manager i really like,

Tom Ince has never impressed me and I didn't know much about Mclean's playing ability but looking at WBA forums, they all mark him out as a huff and puff merchant with little else to his game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Tom Ince has never impressed me and I didn't know much about Mclean's playing ability but looking at WBA forums, they all mark him out as a huff and puff merchant with little else to his game.

They kept Allen who will be brilliant for that league. Think Butland is still there. They should finish in the top 4 with that squad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...have spent £6m on James Mclean from WBA and now £10m on Tom Ince from Huddersfield.

I'd be massively underwhelmed I was them - I really don't see them going back up if that's the sort of rubbish they're after.

James LcLean, (as much as l abhor his politics), is a proven Championship player, Tom Ince has excelled at that level too. Stoke will be strong this coming season l think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I rated Rowettt at Birmingham, getting an average bunch of players to play as a team and they were quite high up when he was sacked by the new owners who wanted a high profile manager.Thought he’d do well at Derby but he rather ****ed it there when the pressure was on didn’t he? Derby should have got out of the Championship over the last 5 years, they have/had the players so if he was that good he should have pulled it off last season.

I’ll be interested to see how he copes with the pressure he gets at Stoke it will ramp up dramatically from Birmingham and Derby.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Well - looks to me like they’ve signed a couple of arrogant dickheads.

McClean is just a hypocrite and over celebrater whose mouth is bigger than brain.

And what happened to Ince turning down England call ups and talking to Inter Milan?

Welcome to both - opposition fans will have field day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Tom Ince is a very good Championship player.

I imagine Mclean has been brought in for the dressing room, surprised WBA let him go

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Is a shit hole” is the correct answer. What do I win?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I rated Rowettt at Birmingham, getting an average bunch of players to play as a team and they were quite high up when he was sacked by the new owners who wanted a high profile manager.Thought he’d do well at Derby but he rather ****ed it there when the pressure was on didn’t he? Derby should have got out of the Championship over the last 5 years, they have/had the players so if he was that good he should have pulled it off last season.

I’ll be interested to see how he copes with the pressure he gets at Stoke it will ramp up dramatically from Birmingham and Derby.

Rowett is a 1 trick pony and it's not a very exciting trick. I thought he'd do well for us as well but there was a lot of disquiet a LONG time before results started to show that we were a bit rubbish.

Ince is a very good championship signing - Terribly nice of Stoke to donate even more to our FFP fund though, cheers chaps!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I think one of the three relegated teams will bounce straight back up and it will be Stoke. Spending heavily by Championship standards and they’ve kept some proven quality such as Butland.

(I don’t like Stoke btw).

Swansea and WBA are doomed to a long non-PL stint.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Tom Ince has never impressed me

He was head and shoulders the best player in the Championship when he was at Blackpool, and defintely the best player I saw us up against that era. He will do very good job in the Championship I'd wager.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here