Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wolves at it again

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Genuinely surprised they didn't pick up Ronaldo. They are going to struggle to complete the set now.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Five million!? That's rather good.

Indeed, I'm fairly sure he was purchased for a lot more than that originally. Still, all above board so what's not to like eh? If your club is in bed with a super agent, you are laughing. I feel like it's akin to Apple buying up some island and declaring themselves a sovereign entity.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
£5m is an absolute snip. Decent signing.

Big club Wolves. Have every chance of surviving.

Hard to pick who will go down.

Cardiff only obvious one at the moment and it never works like that anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Splashing some cash so should have a pretty good team IMHO

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Blimey! That's an absolute BARGAIN.

Although I'm really surprised he didn't stay long at Barca after his move from Liverpool...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Wolves will do more than just survive this season imo. They are building a top 8 side.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Cardiff, Palace, Burnley.

But then I am 100% wrong every single year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have Huddersfield done much/any business yet? They'd be in my three with Cardiff. Not sure about the final spot though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This isn't meant at a dig but more as an observation. Haven't 90% of wolves transfers this summer been simply purchasing the players they had on loan last year + Rui Patricio?

The world cup has made me miss so much transfer news that I may well out of the loop.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think it's highly unlikely but it'd be hilarious if they turned out to be the West Brom of this season.

It would be funny and I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen. The standard media line is that Wolves will be fine and finish in the top 10 but I'm not so sure. It is an incredibly tough division and yes they've clearly got some very good players but so do the 19 other clubs. I don't look at their squad and think it's any better than say Huddersfield, Watford or even ourselves who are all expected to be bottom half. Moutinho is and has been a good player but he's 32 in September and on a downward trajectory. He's also never played here before so will need to get used to the physicality of the Premier League.

Personally, of the promoted clubs I expect Fulham to finish highest. They have an excellent manager, some quality players already and in Serri have made the signing of the summer.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This isn't meant at a dig but more as an observation. Haven't 90% of wolves transfers this summer been simply purchasing the players they had on loan last year + Rui Patricio?

The world cup has made me miss so much transfer news that I may well out of the loop.

Basically yes, I'm not sure why they are so hyped. So they smashed the Championship but so did we and Newcastle and moving up to the PL is not a step up but 5 steps up. I think their odds are ridiculous and I'd rather have our set up than theirs

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have Huddersfield done much/any business yet? They'd be in my three with Cardiff. Not sure about the final spot though.
Best list is here ... Live updates

https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

On paper hudds signing players from some big clubs

Huddersfield Town

In
Ben Hamer (Leicester) Free*Details
Terence Kongolo (Monaco) Undisclosed*Details
Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke) Undisclosed*Details
Juninho Bacuna (Groningen) Undisclosed*Details
Jonas Lossl (Mainz) Undisclosed*Details*
Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund) Undisclosed*Details
Adama Diakhaby (Monaco) Undisclosed