Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Red Arrows at Hastings today

Just in case you hadn't realised, a display at 18:00

And the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Wellington, Spitfire and Hurricane - flew along the seafront west to east earlier today. They will be flying back tomorrow in the opposite direction at 12:30.

See you on Hastings pier :wave:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

And the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Wellington, Spitfire and Hurricane - flew along the seafront west to east earlier today. They will be flying back tomorrow in the opposite direction at 12:30.

Is that for the Hastings Air show?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
They flew in formation over The Bull in Henfield half an hour ago heading west. Lovely dinner time surprise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight dont have a Wellington, They do however have a Lancaster and Dakota.,

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Amazing..My Mum remembers seeing dogfights at a very high altitude over Sussex in WW2. I saw a simulated dogfight over Arran about 5 years ago, where they tried to cut flags off the planes (flags suspended by string from the planes`).
Worryingly , I didn't know what plane was what...it was all speculation and guesswork.....

It must have been both exhilarating and worrying when you saw such action in the sky in WW2.

"Never was so much owed by so many to so few." I salute them all.

TNBA

TTF

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Amazing..My Mum remembers seeing dogfights at a very high altitude over Sussex in WW2. I saw a simulated dogfight over Arran about 5 years ago, where they tried to cut flags off the planes (flags suspended by string from the planes`).
Worryingly , I didn't know what plane was what...it was all speculation and guesswork.....

It must have been both exhilarating and worrying when you saw such action in the sky in WW2.

"Never was so much owed by so many to so few." I salute them all.

TNBA

TTF
That stuff is hard to imagine isn't it. Amazing.

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight dont have a Wellington, They do however have a Lancaster and Dakota.,

Oops :ffsparr:

Sorry about that, yes of course it was a Lancaster. There are only two complete Wellingtons left, one in the Brooklands Museum (which was rescued from Loch Ness after ditching!) and one in the Royal Airforce Museum, but neither are operational.

The Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane will be flying over the coast at Hastings and Bexhill again at 12:30 today.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Oops :ffsparr:

Sorry about that, yes of course it was a Lancaster. There are only two complete Wellingtons left, one in the Brooklands Museum (which was rescued from Loch Ness after ditching!) and one in the Royal Airforce Museum, but neither are operational.

The Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane will be flying over the coast at Hastings and Bexhill again at 12:30 today.

Shame they can't get a Wellington back into the air, as an aside I did my annual visit to Hawkinge Battle of Britain museum last month and they have acquired a rather second hand Bristol Blenheim which they are going to get back to 1940 condition if they can. Sadly it will never fly again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Shame they can't get a Wellington back into the air, as an aside I did my annual visit to Hawkinge Battle of Britain museum last month and they have acquired a rather second hand Bristol Blenheim which they are going to get back to 1940 condition if they can. Sadly it will never fly again.

They came in from the north over Hastings, did a couple of turns, then buggered back up north, apparently they flew over the De La Warr yesterday, that would've been a great sight.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Did you get any decent photos to share on here?

They came in from the north over Hastings, did a couple of turns, then buggered back up north, apparently they flew over the De La Warr yesterday, that would've been a great sight.

That will explain why I didn't see them in Bexhill today, although I heard them.

Yesterday they flew right along the coast and would have flown past the De La Warr Pavillion and then carried on to Hastings and eventually Folkestone I believe.

Obviously today they were in a hurry to get home for Sunday lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here