Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ABBA

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In the news a bit with the Mama Mia film coming out. Now as a 36 year old man whose favourite bands are the Beatles, Oasis and Stone Roses, I wouldn’t say I’m their usual target audience, yet I have to say some of their music is uttery brilliant.

The Winner Takes It All, One of Us, The Day Before You Came, Summer Night City, Knowing Me Knowing You, Gimme Gimme Gimme are absolutely superb IMO.

I know critical reaction has always been mixed but I have to admit to listening to them a fair bit in the last few days. Anyone else prepared to admit to this or just me?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In the news a bit with the Mama Mia film coming out. Now as a 36 year old man whose favourite bands are the Beatles, Oasis and Stone Roses, I wouldn’t say I’m their usual target audience, yet I have to say some of their music is uttery brilliant.

The Winner Takes It All, One of Us, The Day Before You Came, Summer Night City, Knowing Me Knowing You, Gimme Gimme Gimme are absolutely superb IMO.

I know critical reaction has always been mixed but I have to admit to listening to them a fair bit in the last few days. Anyone else prepared to admit to this or just me?!

Reported to have sold 375 million records, so it’s probably not just you [emoji23][emoji23]

Oh, and you forgot Dancing Queen [emoji23][emoji23]

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Reported to have sold 375 million records, so it’s probably not just you [emoji23][emoji23]

Oh, and you forgot Dancing Queen [emoji23][emoji23]

Peter Kay changing the words to things like "eating Chinese with Mister Bean" was bringing tears to eyes stuff in his stand-up video. :lolol:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Nope, can't say I've listened to them at all in the last few days :lolol:

But near enough every great musician I've ever heard interviewed on the subject of Abba will tell you they are immensely respected, rightfully so Imho.

Anyone who doesn't know at least a couple of Abba songs is either very young or...., Well, that's it really, their impact on music is immense

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Nah, I grew up with them in my house so have my parents to thank for a lifetime love of. Genuinely mourned their break up at the time. Really funny that all the cool kids who once mocked have had to eat their words in the long run - you can’t deny your ears Punk boys!! But I’d like to make it very clear I have never and will never watch those trite Mama Mia films. What a crock of shit!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Its done, dusted and built, time to move on now....…........Anti Brighton Bypass Association..................its over FFS!

(For those of a certain age)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm always a bit surprised that the town doesn't make more of a big deal about ABBA winning Eurovision with 'Waterloo' at our very own Dome. Wonder how many tourists are even aware of it?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Silly me I thought this was going to be about the abba penalty shootout sequence which seems to have had a short life

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ritchie Blackmore’s favourite band... as quoted in the 1970s... “I like to listen to good pop music, ABBA are one of my favourites groups in that respect”

GGG (man after midnight) and the Winner takes it all for me.

Awesome

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I hate them......if that's the last thing you hear getting out of the car it's in your head for the rest of the day, should be banned!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here