Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Scottish Club and why?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing the thread with a couple of posters talking about Scottish clubs they take a passing interest in makes me wonder how many of us do the same and why

I have looked out for Greenock Morton’s results for years now since Neil McNab signed for Spurs (I was a Spurs fan in my youth before I moved to Brighton). The interest was again piqued when he signed for us.

Really random reason to follow a club I’ve never seen play I know. Currently in the Championship but they have flirted with the big time in the top division there.

Do you have a soft spot for a Scottish club?

I guess following Albion Rovers is not as random.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Albion Rovers!
Also Aberdeen, as I quite liked the fact they kept up with Rangers and Celtic for a while in the 80s..

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Stenhousemuir. Been a fan since the late 70s
UP THE WARRIORS

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Has been done before but:

The Blue Brazil - Cowdenbeath

On the way back from seeing us lose to Lincoln and sat in the back of my dad’s car listening to Sports Report and the classified football results my cousin and I decided to adopt the two bottom teams of the Scottish league so we had an interest all the way through - you know, past the conference, then other non leagues, women’s results and finally the Scottish League division two (as it was then).

Cowdenbeath was mine and [MENTION=812]Gotsmanov[/MENTION] got Arbroath.

We resolved to only go and watch if they were drawn in the Scottish Cup, which to date hasn’t happened sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Celtic or Rangers, depending on who wins the league. Was Aberdeen for a couple of seasons in the 80's but settled on either of the Glasgow two for now. :)

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
St Johnstone. Had a brilliant holiday near Perth and was fortunate that the owner of the B&B was a fan and while my wife went shopping, we went to watch them play. So long ago can't remember who they played.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Rangers.

Went to the 1986 Open to work on the scoreboards and made friends with a Rangers fan. He invited me up for the Skol Cup Final at Hampden (Rangers beat Celtic 2-1 - Davie Cooper freekick - amazing occasion..).

Not that fussed about them for a long time now really - MTL is such a joke - but Connor being there will add a bit of interest.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'm a Glasgow Rangers fan at heart

but follow Kilmarnock,simply because they won the Scottish league the year I was born

Montrose,used to live in a bungalow with that very name

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Partick Thistle.

Because they're the Glasgow club that isn't Celtic or Rangers..
...and I like the Red & Yellow stripes.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I went through a plastic paddy phase for a few years in my 30s so followed Celtic for a bit.

Soon grew out of it, shame London Irish never did.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
don't know how you put photos up on here these days with all the copywrites

but love that photo of the 2 Dundee grounds in the same street

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Queens Park

My Father in Law grew up in Mount Florida and told amazing stories of Hampden Park. Her Grandfather was the chief engineer or planner of the old Hampden Park when it was rebuilt to compete with the expansion of the old firm grounds for cup finals.

The Father in Law had an uncle that played for Third Lanark, the ground still lays abandoned around a Sunday League pitch in the park. I have seen a couple of games at Hampden Park - a strange experience just 500 odd people in a big stadium. He would always say its ripe for some big investor to take them over and make them full time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's always been Queens Park for me. Not that visiting their ground would inspire me. It's mainly because I grew up in Queens Park and my school played in the same colours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here