Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matthias Normann

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Is he still out on loan does anyone know, and if not, any chance of seeing him playing football in England this season, be that on loan or here?

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Funny - I asked my son exactly that this evening. I thought he looked promising when he signed. My lad said he thinks we loaned him out immediately for 18 months. I’d be interested to find out how he’s done in the last year.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Normann was signed and sent out on loan immediately to Molde in the Norwegian top flight. He was a regular at the end of the 2017 season, where Molde finished runners up. He was sent back out to them again in January for the 2018 season, and has again been a regular first-teamer, though so far Molde are having a slightly less successful year.

His loan ended July 1st so he is now back with us. I expect that we haven't seen him yet because he has been given a little extra time off, seeing as he was still playing football well into June.

We shall see if he will be integrated into the first team, loaned out or sold on. One of the biggest mystery players in our squad, but the fact he was a regular player competing for the national title in Norway is positive.

If he becomes a first team player he will need to be named in the 25 as he is now over 21, and would be another non HGP.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dev squad or first team squad is the issue.

Probably the former ? ???

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Dev squad or first team squad is the issue.

Probably the former ? ???

I don't know much about the Norwegian league but I would think that the top few clubs are probably at least Championship level in terms of quality. Maybe someone with better knowledge can correct me.

If he has played a year, regularly in a team at that level, it would put him ahead of all the other U23s. And at 22 years of age, you would have to start thinking that if he isn't going into the first team soon he never will. I hope he has enough to be our fifth CM, but we shall see what CH and the boys decide.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Surely the next logical step is to get him on loan somewhere in this country ? Might make us be able to judge if he can cope with the physical nature of English football.

Would certainly be a big step in his development to a possible first team squad place.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Surely the next logical step is to get him on loan somewhere in this country ? Might make us be able to judge if he can cope with the physical nature of English football.

Would certainly be a big step in his development to a possible first team squad place.

There will be no place for him in the 25 this season, so yes, that seems the only logical thing to do. I don't think putting him back into the Development Squad will enhance his progress.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Looks to be another from the academy that's headed for the exit door.

ROSTOV.JPG

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The U23’s will be re-named the U18’s at this rate, apart from the GK’s, Sanders & Gyokeres is there anyone left over 19 ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The U23’s will be re-named the U18’s at this rate, apart from the GK’s, Sanders & Gyokeres is there anyone left over 19 ?

Steven Alzate, Archie Davies and Jordan Davies are all older than Max Sanders.

Will Collar, Ben Hall and Soufyan Ahannach are all older than Viktor Gyokeres.

Not quite sure what point you are making - the likes of Ben Barclay, Will Collar, Ben Hall, Soufyan Ahannach and Mathias Normann are all in the equivalent of their fourth season of being a full-time professional. Jordan Maguire-Drew, Ben White, James Tilley, George Cox etc are all in their third year of being a full professional player. If a club hasn't figured out by this stage whether they are going to make it, it shouldn't have an academy.

These players are all likely to be (injury permitting) out on loan or on the fringes of the first-team squad. They aren't going to remain in the development squad forever, just so that we get decent results at U-23 level. The U-23 side has one purpose - produce players for the first team. There is always going to be churn every season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good player from what I've seen of the u23s, although he is one of the older players so it was unlikely that he'd make our current grade.

Yes, though his decision making is questionable at times, but obviously an experience thing.

Getting harder for our youngsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here