Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How's your Albion Mojo at the moment?

How's high is your Albion Mojo at the moment?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really excited about this season. We'll have to see how many of the new signings slot seamlessly in and how many take time. Will the team spirit be as good?

Other teams making signings that may improve them from last season leaves me wondering just who are going to struggle coupled with how the three that went up last season cope with this season, plus the arrival of three promoted teams

My mojo is pretty high at the moment and can't wait for kick off

How does NSC feel aboui the upcoming season?

Any of you expecting a season long relegation battle? I think we'll be there or thereabouts after the first month but hope to see us steadily climb away after that

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
With due deference to our new away kit, mine's green

nike-mojo-green-golf-balls-p371-2387_medium.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cool 7

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really really looking forward to it, 10/10 for me. The World Cup just seemed to whet my appetite for the coming season. I'm under no illusions though and expecting another relegation battle, with the one and only aim of survival. Until we are more established as a 'regular' Premier League club anyway. l think that's all we can hope for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really really looking forward to it, 10/10 for me. The World Cup just seemed to whet my appetite for the coming season. I'm under no illusions though and expecting another relegation battle, with the one and only aim of survival. Until we are more established as a 'regular' Premier League club anyway. l think that's all we can hope for.

Can't go above eight until I see how the newbies fit in and perform. It could quickly rise to 10 if they hit the ground running and we actually break at pace, especially in away games.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
10. Same as I was when I heard we'd signed Dutch Midfield Maestro Kemy Augustein a few years back.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A solid 8. Really pleased that the important signings were concluded early. I cannot wait to see what the competition for places will be like, this now looks like a tough team to get in now. I even like the new home kit!

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
There have been some really exciting signings. The only worry I have is the same as Icy Gull's will the team spirit be as strong with so many new characters. Togetherness has been integral to the teams performance over the last three seasons. I think we have to back the recruitment team's judgement but I'd hate to see us ending up like WBA or Stoke with players not really caring when it came to the crunch. The positive is that we've not lost any of the core players from which that spirit flows

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another solid 8 here. Albion going all-in on exotic signings. Doubtless they'll all have had the professional algorithms run over them, and doubtless some will survive and thrive on a cold dank Monday in November, while others will probably not fancy it one little bit. But will be fascinating to see either way. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've gone from somewhere between 0 and 1 to a solid 8 in the last few days.

The only thing tempering my enthusiasm is all the NSC housekeeping tasks I committed to knocking off in a week. A week ago. I might disappear for a bit again.

el punal

I’m looking forward to the new season. Last season was a question of keeping our heads above water and surviving, we did and reasonably comfortably in the end. I would like us to push on this time and be more positive when we play away. On many occasions last term we opted for not losing rather than being ambitious and going for the win. Hopefully we will be more attack minded with the additional signings. Bring it on!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I’m looking forward to the new season. Last season was a question of keeping our heads above water and surviving, we did and reasonably comfortably in the end. I would like us to push on this time and be more positive when we play away. On many occasions last term we opted for not losing rather than being ambitious and going for the win. Hopefully we will be more attack minded with the additional signings. Bring it on!

We will not be more attack minded, we will still be compact and defend in numbers and be difficult to break down, and will only attack cautiously to ensure we are alert to a counter attack should we turn the ball over.
We will be happy to secure a point rather than risking losing it, going for three.

Happy to be proved wrong but I don't see it

Hopefully we will be more secure defending set plays, and our midfield can chip in with a few goals.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mine would normally be a middle of the road 5 because it's gonna be a relegation fight again

The reason it is slightly higher is because usually it takes new players time to buy into the CH way of thinking and often the start to the season can be slow because of that; however, given that the new signings are in early they should all get a decent pre-season behind them to get used to things quicker. It will still be a relegation fight but we have a head start this time and I stick my neck out again and say that no way will Brighton go down. For me 15th place again and anything above that is progress

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
9. Very pleased with the signings we've made to date and looking forward to the start of the season. Hoping we'll get a central defender and a winger (and maybe an attacking midfielder) before the deadline but very impressed with how the club have got business done this summer.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Stoke had been in the Premier League for ten years, so I don’t think we can ever think about being established. All we can hope for is to enjoy the ride, and I’m looking forward to seeing what Andone, Bernardo and Bissouma will add

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
9. We are in the f***ing Premier League!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Having done a HUGE amount of business by the middle of July, the only reason I'm not a 10 is that we missed out on Ronaldo to Juventus. Other than that, if we can match last season, compete in the majority of games, hopefully score a few more goals, absolutely a solid 9.

Where are all those critics of the recruitment team, calling for sackings etc. for not getting our business done early enough? Expected a few more threads from them giving praise in equal measure of the derision sent their way this time last year...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here