Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Tim

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, I thought it a bit lame and self indulgent. Seemed like someone desperately trying to make himself loved when actually it was rather sad.

I won't be watching it again.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thought this was heading towards Scottish slang

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Didn't he play a back-stabbing rat in the Harry Potter films?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be fair, I thought it a bit lame and self indulgent. Seemed like someone desperately trying to make himself loved when actually it was rather sad.

I won't be watching it again.

Thanks for your informative reply...I was curious about the film..because of him.

Did you see him in Pierrepoint?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thanks for your informative reply...I was curious about the film..because of him.

Did you see him in Pierrepoint?

No but there was a rumour that he was going to play a newspaper mogul who, like Trump used to write all the papers stories, but failed to grasp the idea that they had to be coherent. It also involved him using a pseudonym to argue with himself in said paper. I think Spielberg was looking to direct.

That would be fascinating like his appearance in 101 dalmations

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why not give the mods a break . It's getting a bit tedious : much like .........

Indeed. I'm not sure if someone has done a 'witty' thread about the ARP warden from Dad's Army, but it's only a matter of time.

(And yes I know by posting on this thread I'm obliquely contributing to the problem, but hopefully it'll be locked soon)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you checked the film 2018 thread, I posted this:

Stanley A Man of Variety
The idea of the film - Timothy Spall is a long-term inmate/patient at a secure mental health facility that is about to close down, and it is approaching the anniversary of his daughter's death so he wants the chance to spend a few hours at her grave, and this plays out as Spall the only actor in the film, hallucinating a variety of people real (Tony Hancock, George Formby, Alistair Sim) and fictional (his parents, a doctor that is shaped by his own prejudices) - feels like it has a lot of potential. But it was hard to work out what exactly the point of the idea was - it wasn't funny enough for it to be about the humour, it wasn't sympathetic enough to make you feel for Stanley, it doesn't appear to have any other purpose. So you're left with a narratively thin, empty film full of pointless weirdness.

Spall does some great impressions, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here