Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The same Reading fans who slated Norwood when we poached him.. 3 seasons, 3 promos...
Yep, the same fans who invaded the pitch to celebrate securing their place in the playoffs on the last day of the season, despite the fact that they failed by finishing 7th.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep, the same fans who invaded the pitch to celebrate securing their place in the playoffs on the last day of the season, despite the fact that they failed by finishing 7th.

Let's be honest, it could so easily have been our fans invading the Amex pitch, had the situation been reversed. You can't blame them for that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's be honest, it could so easily have been our fans invading the Amex pitch, had the situation been reversed. You can't blame them for that.
Eh? You wait until the other game is over. Of course I'll blame them for that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I dunno. Pretty stupid to invade and celebrate before they were sure. I think they deserve all the flak they get. And crucially, they are Reading.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This has reminded me of the fantastic Wilkins goal when we qualified for the play-offs in the 90's. My mate is a Barnsley fan and he was with thousands of others busy celebrating their 'qualification' whilst the chairman popped champagne corks up in the stands with the players. That didn't go well lol!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This has reminded me of the fantastic Wilkins goal when we qualified for the play-offs in the 90's. My mate is a Barnsley fan and he was with thousands of others busy celebrating their 'qualification' whilst the chairman popped champagne corks up in the stands with the players. That didn't go well lol!

I was trying to remember which team that was whilst reading about Reading’s early celebrations. I was at that game and boy what a free kick it was to make the Barnsley champagne go flat in an instant

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Eh? You wait until the other game is over. Of course I'll blame them for that.

Our fans invaded the pitch before the Derby vs Huddersfield match had even kicked off in 2017. We might have been virtually there but we weren't mathematically until after that result.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our fans invaded the pitch before the Derby vs Huddersfield match had even kicked off in 2017. We might have been virtually there but we weren't mathematically until after that result.
How many times in football history, has a team that far ahead on points and GD, been overtaken (to then miss out on promotion). Zero. How many times has a team that was losing by a single goal, managed to equalise in the last couple of minutes? Too many to count.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How many times in football history, has a team that far ahead on points and GD, been overtaken (to then miss out on promotion). Zero.

Be honest though, if ever there was a team who would somehow have managed it...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We had scored long before that Reading match had finished though? Which made it all the more bizarre/hilarious.

Correct. Their game was still being played when we scored - in fact they almost scored a winner from a free kick about 30 seconds after Ulloa's header had hit the net!

Apperently what happened was that Birmingham City had scored an injury time equaliser in their game at Bolton to save them from relegation, and in the confusion that comes with last day excitement the 5Live summariser had mis-reported that Brighton had conceded an equaliser to make it 2-2 not Bolton. Sounds plausible.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Once the final whistle had gone, Hudds had to win 5 games and make up a GD of 32. I think a pitch invasion was fairly safe given that they'd not won a game by more than 2 goals all season!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

If you can stomach watching it from the Burnley away end, you can relive this moment of despair for Reading here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i49-WpW1Ey0

Go to 1;52 for the moment of realisation... :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here