Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hope so. Would like to to see players like Baldock,Hemed etc moved on. Shame to to see them go but we need to progress as a club.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Needs to be playing for the good of his career, and unlikely to even make the bench for us this season.

Only slight concern is the HG quota within the squad, as I can't keep up on where we are with this if Baldock leaves

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading started their Austria tour on Sunday.

MAYBE Sam stayed there ? ???

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Love Sam Baldock but probably not Premier League class.

He played a huge role in our promotion. He might not have scored as many as people would have liked but as soon as he didn't play we missed him massively.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What kind of fee would Baldock command?
Currently has two years left on this contract.

Maybe £4 - 5m?

We signed him for around £2m in the 2014. Would be nice to double our money on him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Player swap deal for Moore I hope.
However I feel we will be made to pay cash + player for Moore.

Yes there would need to be a fairly substantial cash adjustment l think. I'm actually wondering if we ahve moved on from Liam Moore now and are actively looking elsewhere, or if the signing of another centre back has become much less of a prority.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Needs to be playing for the good of his career, and unlikely to even make the bench for us this season.

Only slight concern is the HG quota within the squad, as I can't keep up on where we are with this if Baldock leaves

We're allowed 17 non-HGP. We've currently got Ryan, Bruno, Schelotto, Bong, Suttner, Bernardo, Balogun, Propper, Kayal, Gross, Izquierdo, Knockaert, Hemed, Andone, Locadia and Skalak. Which is 16, including a couple of players we expect might be moved on. So still room to move.

The other 8 players allowed must be home-grown, for which Button, Steele, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray are 7 we expect to have in there, plus Baldock, Towell and Norwood are still with us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I agree, I'll never forget him being surfed across the top of fans heads on the train, on that infamous day when we achieved promotion last year either.
Not forgetting his unique goal celebrations either

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We're allowed 17 non-HGP. We've currently got Ryan, Bruno, Schelotto, Bong, Suttner, Bernardo, Balogun, Propper, Kayal, Gross, Izquierdo, Knockaert, Hemed, Andone, Locadia and Skalak. Which is 16, including a couple of players we expect might be moved on. So still room to move.

The other 8 players allowed must be home-grown, for which Button, Steele, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray are 7 we expect to have in there, plus Baldock, Towell and Norwood are still with us.
Absolutely. Although Towell may be non-HGP.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here