[NSC] NSC Account Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A short while ago a long-standing member of the site contacted me to request their account was deleted, quoting all manner of GDPR at me.

This was completely unnecessary. Account deletion requests happen from time to time. Why people ask to have their accounts deleted is no business of mine and I act upon such requests in a timely manner in good faith.

The individual in question then reported North Stand Chat to the ICO, despite having been given assurances that their instruction for account deletion was going to be enacted upon.

On multiple occasions the individual in question was given the opportunity to delete any of their post history. Each time they declined.

The individual in question also stated that they believed their account had been compromised and posts made by someone else on their behalf. I was concerned by this, obviously, and conducted an investigation into the posts made by that user account. My investigation gave me absolute surety that all posts made by the user account in question had been made by one and the same person.

Today, I have been threatened to be reported to the ICO once again by the individual in question, despite always being professional and timely with all requests made by the person in question, often outside of business hours. Once again I have acted speedily to their request.

So, a couple of things please:

- If you're unhappy about your account on NSC, just let me know. Several others have done so over the years and I have always acted quickly. I like to think I'm one of the good guys. You do not need to quote legislation at me, nor do you need to report the site to the ICO or similar.

- If you're unhappy about something written about you on NSC, please let me know. I will remove it. Again, just because it's the right thing to do.

If you are unhappy with the actions I take, then by all means do what you think is necessary, but there's really no need to be hostile from the outset.

One final thing: If you post on social media, including online forums in a nasty, vindictive and often malicious way for a large number of years, do not be surprised if people have it in for you and may try to get back at you should the opportunity arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here