Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] advice re credit card fees

hi all, keeping it simple, can a CCC these days still add charges on charges? eg charged late payment fee the day after the due date (but before statement date) then next day adding an overlimit fee which arose through last months interest and the late fee only?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In a word, yes.
But talk to them. Give them a calm call and apologise for being late with the payment and all that and casually mention you will move the balance to another company with zero charges and that you wont use this companies card as you feel insecure using it because of the costs. They may drop some charges. If you are paying interest every month look to transfer to a zero interest card (money saving expert has details).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know, but as above I'd give them a call. If this a first time they might waive some/all of the fee, particularly if you ask to setup a direct debit on your account so this doesn't happen again.

Good luck.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
For the last 20+ years I have paid of my CC bill in full every month except one time when I transposed the 6 and 9 in the pence field and underpaid by 27p. Next month they whacked me with charges and I rang up, more to moan than in expectation as it was my mistake. The lady I spoke to said she could see it was a genuine mistake and cancelled the lot.

Definately worth a call

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They can add on charges for late payment etc I think EU law changed where they cannot charge a handling fee per transaction.

As stated ring them as they normally state they want to try and help

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They can add on charges for late payment etc I think EU law changed where they cannot charge a handling fee per transaction.

recent EU law change was that shops/businesses could not charge a fee. so they increase prices to cover, because the fees are still there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here