Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you look at that we were essentially meeting expectations, at least on paper (I know West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves wins were 'lucky'), until the Southampton home loss.

Arguably we have been playing pretty shit for a while, i.e. since end of Jan, with West Brom in the FA cup games and the capitulation at Fulham, but until then it wasn't causing too much of an issue.

I do wonder if something happened around that time.

I was never comfortable with the undue haste with which Ryan was brought back for the Fulham game.

It went completely against the spirit of "if you play well you keep the shirt", it just wasn't necessary and I do wonder if that undermined Hughton a bit. Sure, he may have felt that was the right thing to do but somehow doing it for Fulham, a day or so after Ryan got back seemed far worse than doing it for the following game. Almost like, he is so great, you're so shite Button, which didn't seem fair.

Additionally I felt he dropped Knockaert when he was actually playing well just to give game time to Ali J and Locadia. And neither have really shown anything in that time at all.

Equally Stephens and perhaps Propper seem undroppable. I do wonder if there is a split in the dressing room between the old guard that brought us up and the new signings. That certainly isn't the togetherness that we have previously had.

Maybe that's hard to achieve at this level with all the money sloshing around and massive egos everywhere?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For the sake of good order here is the latest update. Saturday was actually a predicted point. Still 3 points behind the 40 point marker, but 37 will be safe I'm sure. Probably.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 34a.png
    Fixtures Game 34a.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 618
  • Graph Game 34a.png
    Graph Game 34a.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 615

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For the sake of good order here is the latest update. Saturday was actually a predicted point. Still 3 points behind the 40 point marker, but 37 will be safe I'm sure. Probably.

But can I just check something?

Are we officially in bed wetting territory? Just for the avoidance of doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yawn.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 35a.png
    Fixtures Game 35a.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Graph Game 35a.png
    Graph Game 35a.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 283

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Update. 5 behind, worse we have been all season.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 36a.png
    Fixtures Game 36a.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 480
  • Graph Game 36a.png
    Graph Game 36a.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 471

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here