Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Which begs the question that CH is too nice to be a high level winner. To get to the very top you need to be ruthless and a bit of a c**t. CH is more Damon Hill than Michael Schumacher

I think our lot do. Home and hosed in the championship, **** up the last 3 games.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Bed wet? Well it did rain a fair bit...

But still 4 points ahead.

Attachments

• Graph Game 26a.png
    Graph Game 26a.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 732
  • Fixtures Game 26a.png
    Fixtures Game 26a.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 728

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So here it is for the coming season:

- First seven games yield just five points, NSC goes into meltdown.
- 15 games in a massive drubbing of Palace sees us looking up the table not down.
- we then go 9 games without a win and edge towards the relegation zone by the end of January.
- a MASSIVE March sees us take 10 points from 4 games to edge towards safety
- 7 points in the last 6 games edges us over the line.

All sounds very familiar doesn't it.

A timely reminder of my first post. The reality is this was always going to happen, we just forgot what a tough run this last month or so was going to be.

The issue is can we follow the tracker and get through March as predicted. I’m confident.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A timely reminder of my first post. The reality is this was always going to happen, we just forgot what a tough run this last month or so was going to be.

The issue is can we follow the tracker and get through March as predicted. I’m confident.

Are we going to Wembley? Please say yes man who can see the future.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Good in-thread bounce, [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]. Sure it's not been a great run, but it was always going to be like that. All ifs and buts, but the last two games could've seen us in a very different position with the chances going on, as opposed to being kept out by back-to-back top keeping performances!

Keep the faith, etc etc...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good in-thread bounce, [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]. Sure it's not been a great run, but it was always going to be like that. All ifs and buts, but the last two games could've seen us in a very different position with the chances going on, as opposed to being kept out by back-to-back top keeping performances!

Keep the faith, etc etc...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agreed......almost. Shite finishing has played a part......

We’re still up on the tracker so not all doom and gloom, but we need to snap out of the current run pronto with Cardiff beating all expectations.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This thread is a useful reminder to look at the games in their context. Just think if we were bang on target according to the predictions - we'd currently be in the bottom three. Imagine the panic on here then.

We're still ahead of the curve, and the question really is, can we get back to grinding out the points as we were before.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
After this weekend fixtures:

West Ham 7
Leicester 7
Bournemouth 6
Albion 4
Southampton 0
C. Palace -2
Newcastle -2
Everton -3
Burnley -3
Cardiff -3
Fulham -12
Huddersfield -15

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This thread is a useful reminder to look at the games in their context. Just think if we were bang on target according to the predictions - we'd currently be in the bottom three. Imagine the panic on here then.

We're still ahead of the curve, and the question really is, can we get back to grinding out the points as we were before.

I don't think we can rely on the poor results of the teams around us for our survival. We MUST grind out wins and draws now. Much will depend on the psychological strength of the players...... and more clinical finishing.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Shirley there’s a way of playing tight at the back with a solid 5 or 6 plus goalie, leaving the others to counter attack?

Teams that start conceding large numbers of goals to basement clubs go down.

We have the players and the formation to stop the goals... We did it last season and the start of this. We played a solid back 4, defensive support from midfield and we ground out results. NSC weren't happy but it worked. Time to go back.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

It is. The problem with the way the fixtures fall is it really does put the onus on us winning these forthcoming home fixtures. The two upsides, however, is that we're currently four points ahead (and not behind a tracker as indicated by the recent post by [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION]) and there's next to no chance that 40 points will be required for survival. 35 ought to do it, 36 if we really want to be safe.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Tracker has us to lose at Leicester, which seems reasonable. Imagine the scenes on her though if we do, it will be carnage!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here