Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So how many times have you watched them as asked and when exactly have they been called upon in either the championship of premier league?

Neither of them have played a single minute of senior league football. I doubt BG has ever seen Sanders play at all, and he definitely hasn’t seen Molumby in the last 18 months.

But they are not Beram Kayal, so that's good enough for BG.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Whenever called upon they have both looked impressive. They can do no better than that and they are the future as opposed to Kayal who is the past and IMHO could well be in line to move on in the summer.

Sanders hasn’t played a single minute of first team football. Molumby has only played against Barnet and Bournemouth, both in the League Cup. Did you attend both of these games? Whilst no doubt they are exciting prospects based on their under 23 and international reputation, you’re just making things up again. Sanders has not yet been called upon, (NEVER, not once), and Molumby has only encountered a League 2 side and a second-string Bournemouth team. How does this demonstrate either of them are capable of replacing Kayal at this moment in time, or that they are in fact a ‘better attacking option’?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So how many times have you watched them as asked and when exactly have they been called upon in either the championship of premier league?
Up until about 18 months ago Dunk and March, two of our own, had never been called upon to perform in the PL. Indeed, there was a time before that when they hadn't been called upon to perform in the Championship either. Yet one day, suddenly, they were picked to turn out for the first team! Scandalous!
OK, If we have Stephens, Propper, Gross, Bissouma and Kayal all fit and available, Sanders and Molumbey probably aren't going to get a look in (at least not until we're mathematically safe). But, if needs must, they will have to step up. That's life. No worries. Every single player in the PL at one time had no experience of playing in the PL.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Up until about 18 months ago Dunk and March, two of our own, had never been called upon to perform in the PL. Indeed, there was a time before that when they hadn't been called upon to perform in the Championship either. Yet one day, suddenly, they were picked to turn out for the first team! Scandalous!
OK, If we have Stephens, Propper, Gross, Bissouma and Kayal all fit and available, Sanders and Molumbey probably aren't going to get a look in (at least not until we're mathematically safe). But, if needs must, they will have to step up. That's life. No worries. Every single player in the PL at one time had no experience of playing in the PL.

I don't disagree....but as we all know Kayal has been binned by the poster and to suggest that both could be a better option when they haven't been watched by the OP is bizarre ...and lets not forget that the player in question was injured on international duty...they may be the future but I don't think from what I know that they are the present ..the only point that may be worth debating is what happens this summer with Kayal...but I'm not sure we are too bothered about that right now..its all about PL survival and FA Cup glory

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Kayal update. Only a knock. Due to be fit [for Israel] on Sunday.
Gross [hamstring] is due to be fit for Southampton. Hughton . confirmed it at last weeks pre-cup press conference and again earlier this week.
Bissouma [suspension] is no longer suspended
Andone [groin] due to be fit for Saints. Hughton again confirmed earlier this week.

so Albion should have a full set of midfielders and squad available for the cup and the run in.

via
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/1108865560148873216

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kayal update. Only a knock. Due to be fit [for Israel] on Sunday.
PS: Remember that Gross is due to be fit for Southampton. Hughton . confirmed it at last weeks pre-cup press conference and again earlier this week.
And Bissouma is no longer suspended so Albion should have a full set of midfielders available for the cup and the run in.

If Bissouma, Pröpper and Kayal all come through the next set of internationals!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Gross may not make Soton but I’d be stunned if he wasn’t fit 1 week later. I’m confident that most niggling injuries will clear up for 6th April....

Bissouma, Stephens, Propper is fine for Soton.

I’m coming round more and more to the idea of “**** the Chelsea game” though.

I don’t want Groß as anything other than bench fodder for the semi final personally. Feels more balanced without him unfortunately in our revised formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t want Groß as anything other than bench fodder for the semi final personally. Feels more balanced without him unfortunately in our revised formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this.....

Would like it if we could gave a run of games with Andone in the middle and pace on both wings, with Bissouma and Propper in the middle in front of Stephens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that Bissouma will NOT get injured during the international break.

Why, so?

Yves Bissouma:

AFCON Qualifier
Mali v South Sudan
Saturday 23rd March, KO 7pm

International Friendly
Senegal v Mali
Tuesday 26th March, KO TBC

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Kayal’s problem was sickness rather than an injury so he should be fine.
I love Kayal. What a ****ing hero he is. Plus regularly making BG look even more stupid than usual as he writes him off for the hundredth time.

LEGEND.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Would just love Kayal to score the winner against City, whip of his shirt and have a t-shirt with " up yours BG" underneath .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now DUFFY, according to SSN.

Shane Duffy to ‘have a scan on ankle’ today. ROI ‘hopeful’ he’ll be fit for game tomorrow.

Hope he doesn’t play through something and crock himself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure Duffy will have 'an injection' and everything will be fine.

Luckily there are no PED's in football, as they can't make you kick a ball straight.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure Duffy will have 'an injection' and everything will be fine.

Luckily there are no PED's in football, as they can't make you kick a ball straight.

Such injections in football are generally only for pain relief. Duffy wouldn’t need one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here