Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Hughton said he was hopeful Murray would be available for the next match. It doesn’t sound promising.

I'm not saying I don't believe him but I'm pretty sure Glenn is in there.

_105609058_alavescoffin_epa.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes but thankfully we’re playing in 10 days time not tomorrow.

Agreed....just as an aside Locadias injury (turned his ankle?) looked worse than March's ankle problem that forced him off last week...hoping there isn't a ligament issue....one more game and Florin is back and hopefully Izzy will be ready for the bench next home league game

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Hope am wrong but think Locadia injury may be worse than it looked

He screamed out in pain when it happened - but as got treated at side of pitch there was not much of a fuss made

Was in front row of WSL just next to where it happened - back of foot seemed to get stuck in turf and pivot several ways before he fell on it

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Hope am wrong but think Locadia injury may be worse than it looked

He screamed out in pain when it happened - but as got treated at side of pitch there was not much of a fuss made

Was in front row of WSL just next to where it happened - back of foot seemed to get stuck in turf and pivot several ways before he fell on it

Ankle ligament strain. Rolled it on the astro not the turf.

Think Groß style issue so probably 4-10 weeks out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Post FL Derby striker special. "Its a big concern"

Murray [calf] - "We are very hopeful he will be fit for Leicester"

Andone [suspension] - Out for Leicester, game 3 of suspension. Back for Hudds.

Locadia [left ankle] - "I haven't seen him afterwards. He's gone to be assessed. It looks sore. I hope he (Locadia) is okay. I can't say any more than that until it's a little bit clearer over the next couple of days.

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...triker-crisis-as-locadia-joins-casualty-list/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not eagerness at all, just a weary resignation.

We need to get Mengele out of our treatment room.

Well if it’s based on what actually happens ( Hughton says they’ll play, train - they play, train - see dozens of examples in last 6 months on this thread ) then no need for the nazi jokes (good grief !!).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Post FL Derby striker special. "Its a big concern"

Murray [calf] - "We are very hopeful he will be fit for Leicester"

Andone [suspension] - Out for Leicester, game 3 of suspension. Back for Hudds.

Locadia [left ankle] - "I haven't seen him afterwards. He's gone to be assessed. It looks sore. I hope he (Locadia) is okay. I can't say any more than that until it's a little bit clearer over the next couple of days.

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...triker-crisis-as-locadia-joins-casualty-list/

Slightly more detail held back until today by the Argus from the Hughton post Derby interview.

Murray [calf], Dunk [calf] - "[Glenn] just felt his calf very slightly, but certainly enough, the same with Dunky, for him not to be available.
"And then we will push as hard as we can to get them fit for the Leicester game

Propper [ill] - "Davy was ill, trained (Friday) and then didn't feel great. We assessed him and he was definitely not well enough to play."

Balogun [shoulder] - "Generally we've been good with injuries but it was a difficult week with Leon Balogun injured as well in training, his shoulder."

Locadia [ankle] - "awaiting the results of a scan"

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17438780.cup-carnage-as-injury-and-illness-hit-albion/

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At the risk of CJ attacking me, I suspect the injuries to Murray and Dunk are the sort of injuries that frequently affect important players in the build up to cup games, then clear up just in time for the next league game.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At the risk of CJ attacking me, I suspect the injuries to Murray and Dunk are the sort of injuries that frequently affect important players in the build up to cup games, then clear up just in time for the next league game.

Not Dunk - he has a far more effective way of missing games he doesn't want to take part in (bookings / red cards).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Known as a “Giggs” I think.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Irrelevant to be honest. We have won what one point away to top 9 sides in our prem history ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here