Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Beram subbed off on 72 mins yesterday.Should be used to that timing.Hope he's ok.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Update - after Hughton interview with Argus

Propper [international break 'felt stiff"] - "Davy's fine. I think what happened is he played in the first game, was a little bit stiff afterwards and they have got a good squad of players there.
“The feeling was to take no risks with him, which we are delighted about.”

Gross [hamstring] Not training yet.
Andone [groin] Not training yet.

Hughton "Thursday will be a big day."

“Florin at this moment has more chance than Pascal but they would have to train with the team on Thursday to have any chance of being involved on Saturday.
“With Pascal, we were always hopeful he might be available for the Southampton game.
“The type of injury that he had, although he has had no problems with it, was still significant enough that it has taken this period of time.”

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17528946.albion-delighted-dutch-did-not-risk-propper/

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Gross had a hamstring tear. And 4+ weeks or so to recover is normal recovery time.

If it’s just a grade 1 strain, it can take only a few days to heal. If it was more serious, I don’t know why the club just couldn’t be honest about how long he’d be out for.

As for Andone, the club have been very secretive about the extent of his injury which makes me think he won’t be back for a while. A big blow as our performances have been much better with him upfront.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If it’s just a grade 1 strain, it can take only a few days to heal. If it was more serious, I don’t know why the club just couldn’t be honest about how long he’d be out for.

As for Andone, the club have been very secretive about the extent of his injury which makes me think he won’t be back for a while. A big blow as our performances have been much better with him upfront.

He's only started 4 PL games (W2 L2) and was fairly ineffective in the 2 defeats (Burnley and Bournemouth away games) ............not sure we've seen enough to say much better yet based on some decent appearances as a sub. We definitely need him fit though..............

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

As for Andone, the club have been very secretive about the extent of his injury .

Hughton said nearly 2 weeks ago that they were targeting Gross for Southampton. Which they still are. Where’s the lack of honesty.

And likewise with Andone. - Hughton has given four updates so far on the injury . Where’s the secrecy ?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cardiff's striker Calum Paterson reported as being out for 3 months after suffering an ankle injury whilst playing for Scotland.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh, shoot, yes, Cardiff. Sorry all for any offense, just an attempt at the typical "what is the club not telling us post", nothing sinister intended.

Which is rubbish anyway as the club give updates all the time about injuries.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Andone is back training today. I found out in a press conference explicitly where they talked about player injuries. The 2nd interview with Hughton about injuries this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here