Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The England team in the 2020 Euros

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not sure if something similar happened after the last Euros, but it could be an interesting thread to bounce in 2 years time. My prediction;

Pickford
Alexander-Arnold Gomez Stones Rose
Henderson Dele
Sancho Maddison Sessegnon
Kane​

I think Joe Gomez is overrated but I doubt it'll stop him, assuming he's fit. People might know of Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), but they will after this season (he finished last season brilliantly and he's going to be a big player for them this season, and will no doubt make an England squad soon) and Marcus Maddison might be a new name to people as well. He's just signed for Leicester for over £20m from Norwich (he was the replacement for Pritchard) and he looks a real talent. There are a couple of other young England players with a chance and no doubt people like Foden will be in the squad, but this is my pick for who will make the team. Angus Gunn, goalkeeper who has just signed for Southampton, will be in the squad but probably won't have ousted Pickford - yet.

No place for Lingard or Sterling for me and I'm assuming Dele Alli will continue to develop and justify his constant inclusion despite his performances.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm thinking you've got the formation wrong to start with. Southgate will stick with three at the back

And quite rightly so. It's important we develop an identity. We certainly saw some positive strides on that front this tournament.

If Sessegnon continues his upwards trajectory he will be a shoe-in for the left wing back slot for years to come.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And quite rightly so. It's important we develop an identity. We certainly saw some positive strides on that front this tournament.

If Sessegnon continues his upwards trajectory he will be a shoe-in for the left wing back slot for years to come.

Would have taken Sessegnon to WC

His technique is Bale-esq.

I hope he’s in the next squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't matter who we play and in what formation England have all but won it.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
World Cup semi finalist England have 2 years more experience and the players will have had more games together this is the year football is coming home, the hype will be immense. We will then qualify easily before losing to Switzerland in the next round.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I'm not sure if something similar happened after the last Euros, but it could be an interesting thread to bounce in 2 years time. My prediction;

Pickford
Henderson Dele
Kane​

I think Joe Gomez is overrated but I doubt it'll stop him, assuming he's fit. People might know of Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), but they will after this season (he finished last season brilliantly and he's going to be a big player for them this season, and will no doubt make an England squad soon) and Marcus Maddison might be a new name to people as well. He's just signed for Leicester for over £20m from Norwich (he was the replacement for Pritchard) and he looks a real talent. There are a couple of other young England players with a chance and no doubt people like Foden will be in the squad, but this is my pick for who will make the team. Angus Gunn, goalkeeper who has just signed for Southampton, will be in the squad but probably won't have ousted Pickford - yet.

No place for Lingard or Sterling for me and I'm assuming Dele Alli will continue to develop and justify his constant inclusion despite his performances.

Rose not good enough , last 2 performances have been poor defensively

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think 3-5-2 will have died out (again) before the next tournament because we'll have Sancho available and he'll be too good not to squeeze into the team. It's a good call about playing Sessegnon as a left wing back given how he's developed from left back to left winger - and that would have made sense as an option in this tournament, frankly.

Loftus-Cheek would hopefully have developed to be competing with Henderson, Dier and Alli for the starting place.

Phil Foden (not Fogden!) should be in the squad, but I'm not sure he's any better than Jack Wilshere was at his peak. Hopefully he'll be better at keeping himself fit and available.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please no Phil Jones or Welbeck IN THE SQUAD, and I assume that Cahill and Vardy will be a bit past it by then?

Other than that, I have total faith in Southgate's methods and selection criteria.

Hopefully Dunk and Sessegnon will be in the squad at least.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Pickford
Henderson Dele
Kane​

Trippier, Maguire & Lingard have been 3 of our best players at the World Cup all of them will be a huge part of the squad

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Definitely think Wan Bassaka will feature in the future, only 20 and good enough for the Premier league.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
2 years really isn't that long, I'd say at least 6/7 of the starting line up for this WC will be the same for the Euros.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here