Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Isaac Hayden

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Probably cost 5 million more than last year when we opted for Bissouma. It’s a definite yes from me even if he will probably cost 20 million.

So from that article we can assume that we are looking at least 3 signings, central defender, replacement for Bruno and midfielder.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Probably cost 5 million more than last year when we opted for Bissouma. It’s a definite yes from me even if he will probably cost 20 million.

So from that article we can assume that we are looking at least 3 signings, central defender, replacement for Bruno and midfielder.

Quite right and not forgetting the key points addressed by everyone and Andy Naylor in the paper the need for striker/s and attacking intent.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Hayden is such a straight forward yes.
He was willing to take a pay cut to join us last season.
Became an ever present in the NUFC side last season and was impressed with him at the Amex.
Obvious replacement for Stephens (age and talent) who may wish to move onto another town's nightlife.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Stephens
2017–18[31] Premier League 36 0
2018–19[32] Premier League 30 1

Hayden
2017–18 Premier League 26 1
2018–19 Premier League 25 1

Ever present apparently means playing in 66% of games.

Younger than Stephens, but plays less games per season, doesn't add anything to the goals column and would require a transfer fee. Can't see the point.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens
2017–18[31] Premier League 36 0
2018–19[32] Premier League 30 1

Hayden
2017–18 Premier League 26 1
2018–19 Premier League 25 1

Younger than Stephens, but plays less games per season, doesn't add anything to the goals column and would require a transfer fee. Can't see the point.

I agree - underwhelmed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hayden is such a straight forward yes.
He was willing to take a pay cut to join us last season.
Became an ever present in the NUFC side last season and was impressed with him at the Amex.
Obvious replacement for Stephens (age and talent) who may wish to move onto another town's nightlife.

25 times in the league is hardly ever-present.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I suspect Hayden will play alongside Stephens and is just what we need for us to play 4231. He is much more agile and has quicker feet than Stephens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wasn't thinking of him to replace Stephens but to cover him and Propper.

I’m not sure Potter will be playing two defensive midfielders (the new one having even less attacking capability than our present one). Unlike Stephens, Pröpper has a lot more attacking capacity than Hayden.

Hayden barely ventured further forward than a few meters of his centre backs during his recent Amex adventure. He spent the game cleaning up and giving the ball straight to the deep lying Shelvey who has the passing capability.

Not a Potter player (unless a straight replacement for a Burnley bound Stephens).

It’s a no.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
West Ham apparently interested in Hayden. If thats true I doubt he will come to us. He’s an Essex boy

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good, young, English player but another one who's similar to what we have. Not bad at all but other than age I can't see it as much of a jump up. Would thus depend heavily on finances of both bringing him in and who would make way, as to whether a good idea.

He used to play CB I think so could be one we can shuffle around at times if need to change systems on the fly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here