Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could this be the year that we put Palace in their place as an inferior club to us

Is thus the year we put Palace in their place as an inferior club to us on the pitch too?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In every respect? Stadium and facilities are already light years ahead, will the team now lord it over them for the foreseeable future.

I am going for a definite YES.

Is Zaha going to have enough to stop the inevitable? :smile:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ask me again around the end of May.

Trouble is, this season they start with a decent manager who knows what he's doing.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Lets not get carried away. Be nice if we do but I am expecting another tough season as our new signings adjust to the team and the PL

Even if Zaha goes they still have a good PL squad. Lets face it, they can't be as shitehouse as they were at the beginning of last season.

Or can they? :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
They will be fine. They are Plucky Palace and always find their way out of trouble. It's the next few years that will be interesting.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They will be fine. They are Plucky Palace and always find their way out of trouble. It's the next few years that will be interesting.

Not suggesting they won’t survive, I’m more interested that we will have enough about us to finish above them.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
They punched well below their weight at the start of last season. They should be a few places above us this time with a decent keeper and some canny loans. Leicester, Cardiff and Stains on the bottom 3.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I have nothing but admiration for Hodgson as a manager , what he did at Palace was pretty special and as long as he's in charge i reckon we may yet again fall just short of bossing the points v Palace next season with or without Tom Daley in their team , however i think if we do bag the three players we're supposedly buying i think our away points tally will go up by 20-25% on last seasons , when we fell behind away from home it always felt like that was that as we had no real star quality options on the bench to change a game , CH instinct was to defend the 0-0 away from home , nothing wrong with that as long as you go for it at home which in the main we did , this season coming we must up the points tally from away games and Mr Bloom looks like giving CH the Ammo to do just that , (fingers crossed ) , so with that all said and done i'm speculating a 5 point margin in our favour between ourselves and palace come May 2019 .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So I assume that you assume you’re going to stay up ? Unless you assume you’ll finish 3 rd from bottom and we finish lower . Surely the thread should be will we stay up and will we finish above palace . It’s a tad confusing so I’m going out to have a few beers in the sun .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cabaye 's gone and if they lose Zaha I think we have the edge on them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If we're relegated, and they get a top ten finish, this thread will be bounced till the end of time!

Can we not save the gloating till they've been ground into the dust?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So I assume that you assume you’re going to stay up ? Unless you assume you’ll finish 3 rd from bottom and we finish lower . Surely the thread should be will we stay up and will we finish above palace . It’s a tad confusing so I’m going out to have a few beers in the sun .

I am assuming we’ll finish above you, we could both get relegated too.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we're relegated, and they get a top ten finish, this thread will be bounced till the end of time!

Can we not save the gloating till they've been ground into the dust?

No gloating just a question. No need to be such a knicker wetter about what might happen as a worst case scenario, they really are not all that and without Zaha they are shit :shrug:

Sadly the results of the poll would suggest too many of us still have an inferiority complex :down:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
After reading what Roy Hodgson has said I think we can at the very least be close to them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here