Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Personally I think Liverpool would be the ideal place for Bissouma, I don’t think he needs that stepping stone to the top, I think the argument people often make about players needing a club at the ‘next level’ is nonsense, he’d fit into any team outside of Man City.

Even United, McTominay, Fred, Matic are in and around that United starting XI, Bissouma is at least as good as them.

It’s been fairly obvious for a few months now that he’s planning to leave or the deal is already agreed IMO, managers don’t often come out and say ‘enjoy him while we have him’ as Potter has said, as long as we get top money for him, and reinvest it, then I think it’s a understandable move from all parties, we are a bottom half team and we can’t hold on to all our players forever, it’s just a fact of being a club in the position we are.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Actually, he’s exactly what City need to push on that little bit more, and Liverpool also really need someone like him. He would fit perfectly into either side, he’s comfortably good enough.

And whatever high price we do get for him, I do think we do need to prepare ourselves for the fact he will be impossible to replace. Whoever starts in his place will not be near to his level, he is a bit of a one off and comparitively up there with Lawro as the greatest player we’ve ever had. I’m still not sure all Brighton fans quite appreciate how just good he is.

All clubs struggle in losing their best player, and the secret is not to over-obsess about a like-for-like replacement but to seek improvements in other areas of the pitch.
I'm pretty excited about Moder and Caicedo as DM/box-to-box/6/8s but, even if they do get to the level of Biss (which would be amazing), it's not going to be for a few seasons yet. They'll need to be eased in and, fortunately, in Lallana, we have the perfect player to help them in this.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Of course the praise for his performances is entirely merited. However, just to strike a note of caution, he doesn’t score goals and his shooting ‘needs work.’ That’s a pretty instinctive skill so I’m not sure there is much a top 6 club can do to improve this part of his game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Personally I think Liverpool would be the ideal place for Bissouma, I don’t think he needs that stepping stone to the top, I think the argument people often make about players needing a club at the ‘next level’ is nonsense, he’d fit into any team outside of Man City.

Even United, McTominay, Fred, Matic are in and around that United starting XI, Bissouma is at least as good as them.

It’s been fairly obvious for a few months now that he’s planning to leave or the deal is already agreed IMO, managers don’t often come out and say ‘enjoy him while we have him’ as Potter has said, as long as we get top money for him, and reinvest it, then I think it’s a understandable move from all parties, we are a bottom half team and we can’t hold on to all our players forever, it’s just a fact of being a club in the position we are.

As others have said above I think he'd fit into the Man City team too, with their rotation policy he could split games with Fernandinho and have a season of acclimatizing to Champions League football and City's style of play ( similarities to ours but with players who finish chances!), before Fernandinho steps back and Biss becomes the regular starter.

So many clubs here and in Europe are missing a Bissouma style player that I expect a bidding war this summer for his services which will only be a positive for the Albion and the player. I just hope he makes the right decision and not just the most money.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He's a massive talent , comes away with the ball when he has no right to , his first touch makes him space and time , he's a pure natural and we are really lucky to have found him ......one more season would be good for him and us because if he goes to a "big" :rolleyes: side he's going to spend a fair bit of time on the bench ....i wanna keep him here as long as possible and if he's going he has to go for a price that reflects his ability ......55 60 mill , TB has to play hard ball here , true flair like Biss is like rocking horse pooh.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Of course the praise for his performances is entirely merited. However, just to strike a note of caution, he doesn’t score goals and his shooting ‘needs work.’ That’s a pretty instinctive skill so I’m not sure there is much a top 6 club can do to improve this part of his game.

He's a defensive midfielder - it's not his job to score goals. He's also 24 years young. A top 6 club will have him this summer (probably Arsenal or Liverpool), and we'll be receiving at least £40m for him.

Happy to drink a pint of Bozza's piss if I'm proved wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's a defensive midfielder - it's not his job to score goals. He's also 24 years young. A top 6 club will have him this summer (probably Arsenal or Liverpool), and we'll be receiving at least £40m for him.

I hope your thirsty, Arsenal may be many things but a Top 6 club definitely isn't one of them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe it's blind faith, blue-tinted glasses or just hopefulness, but I've got a feeling that Caicedo could slot in and ensure that Biss isn't missed too much. I'm not expecting a repeat of the Ryan/Sanchez scenario, but there's clearly a lot of talent within the club – talent that some/most of us are not aware of.

Also worth noting that it took YB a while to get up to speed and even longer to get to the standard of performances he's putting in now. While Caicedo might not be on his level now – or at the beginning of the season – the potential is there...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Maybe it's blind faith, blue-tinted glasses or just hopefulness, but I've got a feeling that Caicedo could slot in and ensure that Biss isn't missed too much. I'm not expecting a repeat of the Ryan/Sanchez scenario, but there's clearly a lot of talent within the club – talent that some/most of us are not aware of.

Also worth noting that it took YB a while to get up to speed and even longer to get to the standard of performances he's putting in now. While Caicedo might not be on his level now – or at the beginning of the season – the potential is there...

I like to think that Caicedo is literally chomping at the bit to replace him and better him. I genuinely think he will blow other young talents out of the water in terms of the overall potential.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

from the tap and on camera....??? :lolol: Arsenal.....:lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
we are a bottom half team and we can’t hold on to all our players forever, it’s just a fact of being a club in the position we are.

It would be worth you reading the GP quote from Feb that [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] (thank fk) posted in this thread. I think you're misunderstanding the plan.

We don't have to sell our good players. We WANT to sell them. We're building a machine that finds, cultivates and showcases young talent and in doing so creates a sustainable revenue stream to allow us to eventually compete consistently in the Top 10. If TB has proved anything, it's that he won't sell if he doesn't want to.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I really that if he does leave that he doesn't go to Arsenal. A club that is declining in stature with rancid self righteous fan base. Deserves a chance at a progressive club with Champions League football. Man Utd would be a good fit,. Massive upgrade on Fred or McTominay. Would certainly yield a higher fee too

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Off to Liverpool I would say. The advancements in his game in the last 18 months have been fantastic, and he is more than capable of playing in a title challenging team 100%.

Just hope we get the 50 odd million he is worth, but I have complete faith in TB in that regard.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
I hope your thirsty, Arsenal may be many things but a Top 6 club definitely isn't one of them.

I hate to admit it but Arsenal are a top 6 club. Two seasons outside the top 6 in a decade or two doesn't change that. By the same token, West Ham aren't a top 6 club just because they've managed to finish in the top 6 for the first time in god knows how long.

To be a top 6 club you need to consistently finish there - in my opinion. Arsenal have, the likes of West Ham haven't.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
When did the penny drop for people on here about bissouma. I always saw something but the match when I thought “this guy is going to a top club” was against Bournemouth at Xmas last season. I am rarely right but since then he has been class. He was slightly overshadowed that day because Mooy did lots of sexy things but bissouma was a beast that game and has remained so ever since. Pre season I said he was surely nailed on for player of the season - I can’t see that anyone will disagree with that.

I also said alzate would be quality this season and Maupay would come good. So I got one right. Maybe I am a broken clock.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I hate to admit it but Arsenal are a top 6 club. Two seasons outside the top 6 in a decade or two doesn't change that. By the same token, West Ham aren't a top 6 club just because they've managed to finish in the top 6 for the first time in god knows how long.

To be a top 6 club you need to consistently finish there - in my opinion. Arsenal have, the likes of West Ham haven't.

Yep.

Finishes outside the top 6 since the premier league began* for comparison (not including this season):

Man U - once
Arsenal - 3 times
Chelsea - 5 times
Liverpool - 5 times
Spurs - 15 times
Man City - 17 times
Sheff Weds - 28 times

* yes, yes, I know football was around before 1992

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yep.

Finishes outside the top 6 since the premier league began* for comparison (not including this season):

Man U - once
Arsenal - 3 times
Chelsea - 5 times
Liverpool - 5 times
Spurs - 15 times
Man City - 17 times
Sheff Weds - 28 times

* yes, yes, I know football was around before 1992

While that's true, Arsenal won't finish in the top 6 this season; they didn't last season and the three seasons before that, they finished 5th or 6th. What if they finish outside the top 6 next season and the season after: are they still a top 6 club? I think should be aiming for a CL club, he's good enough

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Agree, a big reason behind Rice being over hyped is he’s English. As simple as that.

If/when Biss leaves it’ll be to a Champions League staple club. He’s that good.

West Ham look better with no rice in the team too. He’s bang average. Infact West Ham are bang average. They will drop faster than a fat man from the sky when the fans are back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Cithe is the natural fit for me. Fernandihnio's understudy. They play like we do (or we play like they do) albeit at a much higher level of course, so its easy to see his role in their team.

Liverpool possibly for the same reasons.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I usually think we over hype decent Brighton players.....not with Yves Bissouma, i think he is the real deal and could go to the very top. He still has flaws in his game but he is learning fast. City or Liverpool, maybe Arsenal in England or the big Spanish, German, Italian, or PSG are not beyond his sights IMHO. He must be on their radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here