Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
when the day does come and he leaves I will genuinely disappointed if it is to Arsenal. He deserves to play champions league football and arsenal won’t be at level for a while. WIth better players around him Biss will shine even more than he is doing now

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Is it only me that gets totally pissed off when a club and their fans think they have a divine right to take a player from another club, like its taking sweets from a baby.
Now look here, I know how it works, I know their is no loyalty and I know we take players from lower league and foreign clubs and I have enormous blue and white glasses on, but we are a PL club, we have a good set up and I firmly believe we are going to greatly improve but it would be nice to hold on to s player like Biss for instance.
But fans from other clubs like Liverpool think that he definitely will and should join them and he should never be playing for relegation fodder like Brighton.
OK so why did your super club not find him then?
The profit on selling him would be handy but I would like us to do to them ( or anyone else) and do a Leeds, tell them to **** off or stick £75M on his swede.
Same goes for Dunk and White.
It makes my piss boil.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Biss to Liverpool for £45m at end of August after Klopp says have got no money all summer - by which time we will have done all our other transfer business and played the were skint take it or leave it approach

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
As others have said above I think he'd fit into the Man City team too, with their rotation policy he could split games with Fernandinho and have a season of acclimatizing to Champions League football and City's style of play ( similarities to ours but with players who finish chances!), before Fernandinho steps back and Biss becomes the regular starter.

So many clubs here and in Europe are missing a Bissouma style player that I expect a bidding war this summer for his services which will only be a positive for the Albion and the player. I just hope he makes the right decision and not just the most money.

Real Madrid have been trying to replace Makalele for over 15 years. Biss is the answer.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I really that if he does leave that he doesn't go to Arsenal. A club that is declining in stature with rancid self righteous fan base. Deserves a chance at a progressive club with Champions League football. Man Utd would be a good fit,. Massive upgrade on Fred or McTominay. Would certainly yield a higher fee too

Agree - I think Arsenal would be a nightmare. It's pretty toxic there, and Arteta doesn't seem too keen on the youngsters. City, United or Liverpool would be massive steps up, but I'm sure he's capable of fitting in. You also have the likes of Everton, or even Spurs (post-Mourinho) who could be options.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Is it only me that gets totally pissed off when a club and their fans think they have a divine right to take a player from another club, like its taking sweets from a baby.
Now look here, I know how it works, I know their is no loyalty and I know we take players from lower league and foreign clubs and I have enormous blue and white glasses on, but we are a PL club, we have a good set up and I firmly believe we are going to greatly improve but it would be nice to hold on to s player like Biss for instance.
But fans from other clubs like Liverpool think that he definitely will and should join them and he should never be playing for relegation fodder like Brighton.
OK so why did your super club not find him then?
The profit on selling him would be handy but I would like us to do to them ( or anyone else) and do a Leeds, tell them to **** off or stick £75M on his swede.
Same goes for Dunk and White.
It makes my piss boil.

Exactly the same with me mate.

There is some staggering entitlement and just downright rudeness amongst football supporters.

If the player wants to further himself, then fine. But the transfer is on our terms and the sale price will be eye watering.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yep.

Finishes outside the top 6 since the premier league began* for comparison (not including this season):

Man U - once
Arsenal - 3 times
Chelsea - 5 times
Liverpool - 5 times
Spurs - 15 times
Man City - 17 times
Sheff Weds - 28 times

* yes, yes, I know football was around before 1992

Love the Sheffield Wednesday LOL mention! Delightfully petty [emoji846]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
when the day does come and he leaves I will genuinely disappointed if it is to Arsenal. He deserves to play champions league football and arsenal won’t be at level for a while. WIth better players around him Biss will shine even more than he is doing now

Arsenal is almost a sideways move. If he goes it should be to top 4, £75m will do

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I wouldn’t mind what big club he goes to, as long as they all start a furious bidding war.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Exactly the same with me mate.

There is some staggering entitlement and just downright rudeness amongst football supporters.

If the player wants to further himself, then fine. But the transfer is on our terms and the sale price will be eye watering.

[emoji106] it’s the plastic FIFA fans mentality.

“That Ben White looks alright mate, yeah. Be cheap, as well as he’s from Brighton”.

How little they know.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
All this speculation as to his value, if he goes will never know the price as we know all our transactions are undisclosed.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
All incoming transfers are undisclosed and the club doesn't tend to leak anything.

Other clubs and agents leak things all the time though.

They may leak something to the press but generally not the truth so can't be relied on as a reliable source.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A fantastic player who has developed really well under Potter. If Liverpool lose Wjunaldum then Bissouma may be the perfect replacement, equally Man City with Fernandinho is similar.

There is no point in him going to Man United, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea or Leicester as they all have too many DM's and will rotate players. Beyond those clubs a move in England is a sideways step regarding career progression, may as well stay and be a certain starter here unless it will be to a side who can compete for titles

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
They may leak something to the press but generally not the truth so can't be relied on as a reliable source.

Brighton sign player x for an undisclosed fee.

Selling club leaks that the fee was £10m.

Andy Naylor writes an article saying he 'understands the fee is well below the reported £10m'.

Repeat.

The actual fee is probably somewhere in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here