Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is it, despite not selling anyone we didn’t really want to for years now, that as soon as a player starts playing well, NSC is littered with posts about him going to a top 6 team and how much we’d get for him etc. It’s brags to be as ****. Sure it’ll sometimes happen, but let’s enjoy the talent and not worry about losing them because they’re succeeding for us. Sort it out!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed, I often catch myself doing it too. It’s very much an unconscious bias.

Nothing to be ashamed of - it’s natural human instinct if someone has similarity’s you compare them. Not racist for me at all - have heard Ryan Harley compared to Paul Scholes and Mooy to Shelvy etc before - just instinct. Chill everyone. Not everyone is a racist, very few are so top searching behind every rock for it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not sure I get the Yaya You're comparison. He seems to be a different player. Maybe I have not seem Toure play enough.

You are correct, I watched Yaya a lot at Barca and City and Bissouma is nothing like him as a player. It is really strange comparison. He’s also nothing like Pogba, another lazy comparison I’ve seen.

Bissouma is very much his own man, there aren’t many players I would compare his style of play to. Marco Verratti of PSG and Leon Goretzka of Bayern are probably the nearest I can think of at the top European sides at the moment but even they’re still quite different in many ways.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he keeps improving like he has, I can't see there being too many EPL teams ahead of us.

I would be nice if we threw off our 'small club' 'relegation tracker' mentality, and were a bit more like Tony.

Sure we don't have to go all Leeds/Villa/Norwich about it, but by the same token a little faith in what we're watching develop in front of our eyes can't be a bad thing, can it?

The thing is that he is not just good and promising but a little bit too good. If this development curve continues not only other PL sides would be interested by next summer, but also the big dragons in Spain, the one in France and the one in Italy. And they are pretty difficult to fend off even for Tony.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The thing is that he is not just good and promising but a little bit too good. If this development curve continues not only other PL sides would be interested by next summer, but also the big dragons in Spain, the one in France and the one in Italy. And they are pretty difficult to fend off even for Tony.

The best footballer that Brighton have ever signed in their history but other things conspire against that.

I love watching this lad play. But he will never be a £100m player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You are correct, I watched Yaya a lot at Barca and City and Bissouma is nothing like him as a player. It is really strange comparison. He’s also nothing like Pogba, another lazy comparison I’ve seen.

It’s the typical black, African, strong, central midfielder cliche [emoji849]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seemingly (if I've read this right) our new found love for Bis stems from him being changed from the passing midfielder, to the tackling (and passing) midfielder.

Nothing we didn't already know, but still a nice representation:-

bis.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Back to his best tonight.

Monster in the middle for us winning so many 50/50s and driving the team forward.

He could murder Stephens on Friday, he really could.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Back to his best tonight.

Monster in the middle for us winning so many 50/50s and driving the team forward.

He could murder Stephens on Friday, he really could.

Was brilliant. As was Veltmen. As was Webster. As was Lamptey. As was Lallana. As was Gross. In fact, March had a decent game too... shit we did play well now I think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here