Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conte has gone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not a massive surprise, given that the Napoli president announced yesterday that agreement had been reached for Sarri to join Chelsea :dunce:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not a massive surprise, given that the Napoli president announced yesterday that agreement had been reached for Sarri to join Chelsea :dunce:

Oh really, I hadnt seen that! Caught up in WC fever and well I've tried to avoid as much of the sports pages as possible today.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Southgate to Chelsea?

Couple of changes but easy enough :

Screenshot_2018-07-12-18-39-32.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought he'd gone at the end of the season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, I had a chuckle at that.

On the sacking though, I still can't work out why it's taken so long. He was a walking P45 in March.

They wanted him to go, with a negotiated pay-off, but he went public and said "I have a year left, and I don't want to go. They can pay me everything I am contracted to, for another year"

He's refused other offers, because he's been shat on by Chelsea, and he will now potter about his garden for a year, picking up his £50k a week. Good for him.

He had to turn up to pre-season and continue the charade, as his position, was that he was continuing with his job until told otherwise.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Conte was the chap who renegotiated a contract without extending it and then was hinting quite strongly that he'd be leaving back at the start of the season. Few clubs would appreciate that sort of behaviour and at Chelsea it's guaranteed to end badly.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Conte was the chap who renegotiated a contract without extending it and then was hinting quite strongly that he'd be leaving back at the start of the season. Few clubs would appreciate that sort of behaviour and at Chelsea it's guaranteed to end badly.

Not that badly, he's apparently got a £9m payoff.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Probably been negotiating his payoff.

That can all happen AFTER they go, usually does.

Years ago our company lawyers put on a social evening and Gareth Southgate was their guest of honour. Great fella, happy to chat to everyone for as long as they wanted. But he was there because the lawyers were still negotiating his settlement with Middlesbrough .... he'd gone 18 months earlier!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here