Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Losing to Croatia v Not beating those utter ***** Middlesbrough

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not even close for me. I was so gutted vs Middlesbrough I struggled to be up for the start of the following season. I am disappointed we lost of course, bit I feel nothing but pride and appreciation for the efforts of the players and the manager. Well played England.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not quite, as the Turkish referee didn't get a lot wrong tonight.

I think we will learn from this and get stronger, so there is that analogy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sober up, Bozza. And this thread is USELESS without a poll :rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The injustice of Boro was harder to deal with, but we used it to our advantage the following season. I hope England use the pain they feel now to motivate them for Euro 2020.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Feels about the same for me. How about you?

Not quite for me - felt injustice against Middlesbrough, but Croatia - ok. Both are bankers though, for reasons of irritation :)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Err no comparison. Tonight was merely "Oh, well. We weren't expecting it anyway".

Middlesbrough was "**** shit **** **** **** wanker **** **** The Complete And Utter Shyster.."

I love it that 'wanker' is still not filtered

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Feels about the same for me. How about you?

In the cold light of day I think you'll you see different. Middlesbrough was a complete injustice. Stuani scoring having been offside from the cross and, just when we had got level and were on top a pathetic sending off. Tonight, we lost to the better team. Disappointment but no shame.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not close for me either: I was completely gutted by the Middlesbrough draw, even though we still had a chance of promotion through the play-offs.

Disappointed to lose today but as this England team has progressed much further than expected I simply don't feel anywhere near the same level of anguish/frustration/heartache.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Nope. Completely different.

England is general despondency across the nation.

Albion...it's like family.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The injustice of Boro was harder to deal with, but we used it to our advantage the following season. I hope England use the pain they feel now to motivate them for Euro 2020.

2020 walk in the park,Isle of Dog's along with Man and Wright in the group matches.Thank you.Sky.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Similar, in that I feel as I did then, there are better things to come.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Not close. Middlesbrough still rankles. Already over this. Club > Country. But I am half Swedish so not THAT invested in tonight.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
To be honest I discovered that whilst I like and appreciate the efforts of this England team. I did not care that much when we lost, I am proud of the effort they put in, and happy that for the first time in twenty years that England represented us to the best of their abilities. But I am just not that bothered.

I cried my eyes out when the Albion got promoted to the Prem, but England :shrug: Well done on not shaming us for the first time in twenty years.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not even close. I’m disappointed and upset tonight for the players and Gareth Southgate but really over it already. It was a great effort and tournament but most importantly, we’ve made massive progress and the future looks bright.

Middlesbrough took me MONTHS to get over.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
England won the first half - could have been two or three goals up, second half, they were better. Ultimately they won - end of argument.

Who the f*** wants to worry abut Middlesborugh?

D

Deleted member 18477

Tonight is worse for me because I just don't think I'll ever see England win a World Cup in my life time. Plus you have to wait 4 years to get another crack.

I always thought we'd go up to the prem at some point, so although the middlesborough game was a joke, we didn't have to wait too long until we got what we wanted...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tonight is worse for me because I just don't think I'll ever see England win a World Cup in my life time. Plus you have to wait 4 years to get another crack.

I always thought we'd go up to the prem at some point, so although the middlesborough game was a joke, we didn't have to wait too long until we got what we wanted...

That's the one.

After a few issues we were always going to get into the proper big football at some point ..... England winning the world cup ?I.... Different gravy.

Unless John Terry was still in the team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here