Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] The worst hotel you've ever stayed in

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Queens Hotel, Bournemouth. The only time I left a booking to someone else. A dump, 1960’s rooms and we got no sleep due to noisy stag parties. Slagged off by hundreds of ex guests on tripadvisor, where the long term manager Daniel sarcastically fights back against every single one. The customer is most definitely not King at this dive.

Just looked it it up and you're not wrong!! An entertaining five minutes reading some of those replies.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I stayed in the 'New Park' Hotel in Amman, Jordan last year. When I mentioned it to anyone I met no one knew what or where it was. Next time I travel for work I'm booking my own hotel!

Almost everything in the room didn't work. There was 3 lamps, 2 without bulbs and one without a plug on the end of the lead. The bulb in that turned out to be broken. No aircon.

The towel rail pulled off the wall and when I told them they just nodded and seemed surprised I would bring it up. The shower leaked all over the floor and the toilet had tar like stains in the bottom of it.

One day I found a bird inside the hallway and informed the desk...the concierge just laughed and started rubbing his hands together (which I actually found hilarious). There's too much stuff to even recall now but heres some snaps I found...

Breakfast

PHOTO-2018-03-30-05-19-21.jpg

Coffee Machine

PHOTO-2018-03-30-05-19-50.jpg

The Gym (all inc)

1.jpg

The Shower

2.jpg

But the funny thing was that I actually felt endeared to them. Super friendly and really (bizarrely) proud of the place. I killed an hour waiting for my taxi by talking to the owner during which an Aussie woman turned up and while the owner was away asked me my thoughts of the place. I didn't have the heart to say "run and don't look back" so I just coyly nodded and shrugged, saying "ish" to everything she said. Needless to say moments later she came down to check out looking like she had been violated by a ghost and just begged for her money back.

"I travel all over the world and this is just the worst rooms I've ever been in", she said. Turns out they had given me the special treatment with their best room. Won't book again, won't recommend, but reassuringly humble experience. I think if it had been my own money I would have been a bit different about it all.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sounds it. The reception is a tiny box as you walk in, the door handles were all hanging off the door and no flooring was level. Absolute dive!

Yep. Ram shackled elevators, a huge breakfast room in the basement with chavs scuffling over the silver platters of cheap sausage and bacon, and a bar to the right on the GF where the lazy staff were inattentive.

We left early straight after their rubbery breakfast (Michelin started, only due to its resemblance to the tyres).

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I stayed in the 'New Park' Hotel in Amman, Jordan last year. When I mentioned it to anyone I met no one knew what or where it was. Next time I travel for work I'm booking my own hotel!

Almost everything in the room didn't work. There was 3 lamps, 2 without bulbs and one without a plug on the end of the lead. The bulb in that turned out to be broken. No aircon.

The towel rail pulled off the wall and when I told them they just nodded and seemed surprised I would bring it up. The shower leaked all over the floor and the toilet had tar like stains in the bottom of it.

One day I found a bird inside the hallway and informed the desk...the concierge just laughed and started rubbing his hands together (which I actually found hilarious). There's too much stuff to even recall now but heres some snaps I found...

Breakfast

View attachment 98610

Coffee Machine

View attachment 98611

The Gym (all inc)

View attachment 98612

The Shower

View attachment 98613

But the funny thing was that I actually felt endeared to them. Super friendly and really (bizarrely) proud of the place. I killed an hour waiting for my taxi by talking to the owner during which an Aussie woman turned up and while the owner was away asked me my thoughts of the place. I didn't have the heart to say "run and don't look back" so I just coyly nodded and shrugged, saying "ish" to everything she said. Needless to say moments later she came down to check out looking like she had been violated by a ghost and just begged for her money back.

"I travel all over the world and this is just the worst rooms I've ever been in", she said. Turns out they had given me the special treatment with their best room. Won't book again, won't recommend, but reassuringly humble experience. I think if it had been my own money I would have been a bit different about it all.

:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here