Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyhow the point is that Sadiq Khan is being criticised or praised on the basis that he gave permission for this protest when he didn’t - he doesn’t have the power to do so and the original article only says he supports the protest.

It says absolutely nothing of the kind.

Upholding the RIGHT to protest, and supporting the protest itself, are worlds apart.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just because people are a bit dim and can't think outside the right/left paradigm that's on them, not me.

Rednecks only exist in the US by the way. Another folly on your behalf.

Read Voltaire, his works are wonderful. Frees the mind.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

James Whitcomb Riley.

More relevant in this case than Voltaire.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't take any notice Trump, these are not the views of everyone in the UK.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Because he is the President of the most powerful nation on earth. Slate him to his face in private by all means, but just riling him for the sake of it is just risking him upping the anti, be it a trade war, withdrawal of support from NATO, whatever. It is not in the UK's interest to be an enemy of the US.
I thought that the last couple of years had been all about Britain taking back control and becoming a plucky island showing moral courage and leadership? If you can't call a CJTC a CJTC in a unique and stylish way, what's the point?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You do only ever show up on here to have a go at the left, mind, so I think his characterisation of you is spot on

That's because they are smarmiest ***** of the lot. And we have heroes like you to call out the right so why would I need to do it?

All gets a bit circle jerk like.

It's quite obvious how ludicrous the right are. Do we need any more reminding?

Or can some others concentrate on how hypocritical and ludicrous the left are?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-predicts-12448878

London Mayor Sadiq Khan believes it would be "inappropriate" for him to join protests against Donald Trump when he visits the UK in July.

This suggests to me that Khan supports the protests and if he was not mayor would be part of it .

Er, if anyone felt like protesting against Trump then wouldn't it be one of the many people who he's slagged off and lied about? You know, like Sadiq Khan. Trump not only slagged him off he's lied about the whole city and our country in general. Anyone patriotic should be vehemently against him.

If I were Khan then it would only be the fact that I was mayor, and that it would therefore be inappropriate, that would be stopping me from joining the protests.

Fair play to him for showing restraint and not sinking to the Trump baby's level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't take any notice Trump, these are not the views of everyone in the UK.

Oh, he will take notice. He'll make a point of not actually seeing the thing, in the flesh, but he'll see it on the news, and all over social media, and he'll absolutely HATE it. There is literally nothing worse for an egoist like Trump, than being laughed at - at not being taken seriously.

And nobody has claimed that any 'view' is shared by everyone, have they?

Feel free to go along yourself, with an 'I ♥ Trump' banner.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

James Whitcomb Riley.

More relevant in this case than Voltaire.

I get it now, you're a bit slow on the uptake. You talk like you've actually read my posts and yet if you had you'd know I'm anti-government, anti-establishment.

Which actually would have me pushing towards the left wing anarchists on the political spectrum with distrust of Government. Except I understand some Government is required, just not BIG Government.

Something the Right and Left love when their mob is in power. Stay woke.

D

Deleted member 22389

Oh, he will take notice. He'll make a point of not actually seeing the thing, in the flesh, but he'll see it on the news, and all over social media, and he'll absolutely HATE it. There is literally nothing worse for an egoist like Trump, than being laughed at - at not being taken seriously.

And nobody has claimed that any 'view' is shared by everyone, have they?

Feel free to go along yourself, with an 'I ♥ Trump' banner.

I really can't see what the bloke has done to deserve the crap he gets, that's all.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...don-during-mass-protest-against-a3880211.html

trumpbaby.jpg

[/i]
Haven't seen this discussed on here. Glorious satirical right-on protest ? Or a bit puerile and childish ? A bit of both I suppose, I can't really decide, but I'm surprised its been given the go-ahead by the Mayor of London, even if there is no love lost between them.

Because Khan is a complete and utter racist pr!ck

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ll ignore the childish insult, and just ask, if you are so anti- government, why do you think the balloon should be shot down?It’s a bit more anti establishment to be protesting against the POTUS, than to be backing the destruction of a blimp.

I also think ‘redneck’ is seen , more as a state of mind shared by, well, rednecks, than a trait of only America more challenged citizens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here