Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fishersgate flyers u15 girls team

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
FISHERSGATE FLYERS – Girls U15 team will start training this Friday, 18.15 to 19.30 on Victoria Park / Southern Cross Recreation Ground, Victoria Road, Portslade, and will continue on Fridays unless otherwise notified.

Any girls who will start in Year 9 or 10 this September will be welcome, and we have a spread of girls already in those year groups.

We are an FA Chartered Standard football club, all our coaches are minimum FA Level 1 Qualified, have up to date First Aid and Safeguarding Certificates and are CRC checked. Flyers believe in an inclusive approach to football, the game is great whether you are hugely talented or just beginning, and we look to make it fun, active and enjoyable.

If your daughter, or someone you know might fancy giving it a go, please come along to Victoria Park, or message me for more information. We'd be delighted to have some new faces along.:thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 11.37.46.png

Last edited:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Seeing the name brought back memories of the Cycle Speedway team of the late 1950s. Their track was on Fishersgate Recreation Ground between the A259 and the present Social Club building. The track survived the speedway club by many years.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Seeing the name brought back memories of the Cycle Speedway team of the late 1950s. Their track was on Fishersgate Recreation Ground between the A259 and the present Social Club building. The track survived the speedway club by many years.

Christ, how old are you? My dad used to ride for that cycle speedway team. I think it got disbanded when the guys including my father were all called up for National Service.

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Boys9d......

I lived in Fishersgate at that time and well remember the old cyle speedway team " at the rec." I used to pester my big sister to take me to watch.. Sucn innocence of youth!

Anyway this is not a nostalgia thread and I wish the girls football team well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:bounce:

We're training again tonight, 18.15 to 19.30 on Victoria Park at the Trafalgar Road end.

Any girls who will be Year 9 or 10 in September are welcome, whether they have played football or not.

We've got a great little squad, but as we're jumping up to 11 v 11 next season, we really need some new players.

Really friendly bunch, so please pass on or share on you're own social media if you know any girls that maybe interested.

Thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here