Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] World Cup Travel Advice Please

Dec 4, 2013
Hi all,

i've been lucky enough to bag a ticket to the semis. Only problem is i'm cutting it rather fine on time so i was hoping for some advice on what's best to do when i get there.

has anyone been out there that can give me some advice please?

i land in domodedovo at 5pm. i need to collect my fan id. what's the best way of getting there (it's near the luzhniki stadium)? is traffic going to be a nightmare so aeroexpress and metro it? or is that more headache than it's worth?. What's the queues / process like at the fan id centre. am i actually going to make it?

cheers for the feedback / suggestions

chris

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
Traffic is normally pretty bad! I found it was best to pre-book a private car when I was out there for work. It was cheap (about £15) and the safest option at the time, but I'm sure prices will have been massively inflated for the WC!

AlbionKebabs

Sep 23, 2005
Hove innit, you mug.
Metro is excellent here, probably your best bet. There’s a ticket centre fairly central Moscow with fan ID centre just over the road. I think you can no longer pick up tickets on match days from the stadium. It’s all pretty easy though, my fan id took 10mins on a non-match day. You should be absolutely fine to get this eve as I believe they’re open until 8pm.

Dec 4, 2013
Metro is excellent here, probably your best bet. There’s a ticket centre fairly central Moscow with fan ID centre just over the road. I think you can no longer pick up tickets on match days from the stadium. It’s all pretty easy though, my fan id took 10mins on a non-match day. You should be absolutely fine to get this eve as I believe they’re open until 8pm.

Thanks - to clarify though I land at 5pm tomorrow... can’t pick it up this evening...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks - to clarify though I land at 5pm tomorrow... can’t pick it up this evening...

What about the ticket not available to be picked up on a match day ?

Dec 4, 2013
What about the ticket not available to be picked up on a match day ?

You can’t pick the ticket up from the stadium on a match day... key point here is “from the stadium”. I’m pretty sure there are other places you can pick them up

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
Whenever I've taken the trip for work, the traffic from Domodedovo has been reasonable up until the outskirts of Moscow, followed by absolute hell. As you'll be tight for time, I'd definitely take the Aeroexpress to Paveletskaya metro station.

Hope you make it before kick-off!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here