Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you were Super Sam - What would you do?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Thinking about Super Sammy Baldock today, he’s one of our HGP so I guess the club want him in the squad but he is never going to be much more that back up for the 1st team. I guess he’ll be on a pretty good wage, possibly better than he’d get if he moved down to a team that might play him and he must be under no illusion that he will only get his chance in the cup competitions or if there is an injury crisis. He seems like a likable and intelligent lad and I for one have a lot of time for him as a player.

If you were him what would you do? Push for a move so you get game time or stick with it and hope your chance comes?

P.S. Not for a second thinking he’s just in it for the money by the way. More I guess he is settled in the area, kids life etc.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he's reasonably happy (apart from the lack of game time) I'd stick and see what comes along. I don't think he'd gain a lot by kicking up a fuss. I wonder just how many clubs would want him - I'd have thought plenty, but the rumour mill is deafeningly quiet on the Baldock front.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d do a Goldson and ask to leave. Waste of the career of a really good player who hasn’t even been given a chance since we reached the PL. He may have to take a drop in wages but surely players want to play and he has now dropped so far down the striker list he’ll be lucky get a game even in a Mickey Mouse cup competition.

I feel a little sorry for him as he was brilliant (when not injured) in our promotion chasing seasons.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I’d do a Goldson and ask to leave. Waste of the career of a really good player who hasn’t even been given a chance since we reached the PL. He may have to take a drop in wages but surely players want to play and he has now dropped so far down the striker list he’ll be lucky get a game even in a Mickey Mouse cup competition.

I feel a little sorry for him as he was brilliant (when not injured) in our promotion chasing seasons.

Too many injuries and not up to Premier standard , which is a shame , but that is life

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it were me, I'd stay and re-assess in January.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Must be the highest paid physio's dummy ever.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He will be offed (not down to him)...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm not sure how anyone can definitively say he's not Premier League standard when he's not played. I mean Barnes never looked good enough and he's stepped up at Burnley.

The reality is that without regular games, we just don't know.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Agree with you and he didn’t miss many games due to injury in our actual promotion season

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He’s not so likely to get injured if not playing and must be on a decent wage. He wants the opportunity to play premier league and I don’t think another PL club will fancy him. I’d stick around as long as possible and take the money knowing that I can jump ship on a free at the end of it and make a few more bob at a championship club for another few seasons. I see him being a journeyman going on into his mid thirties.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Agree with you and he didn’t miss many games due to injury in our actual promotion season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure how anyone can definitively say he's not Premier League standard when he's not played.

You missed all those PL games he started and failed to step up to the grade then? Loads of people must have seen 20 or 30 of them to have made up their minds..................

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure how anyone can definitively say he's not Premier League standard when he's not played. I mean Barnes never looked good enough and he's stepped up at Burnley.

The reality is that without regular games, we just don't know.

Because he failed before?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here