Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion related boot sale score

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I normally go looking for old computer stuff which hasn't been there for years but today at a smaller boot sale, I picked up 60 Shoot and Match magazines for £3 - all from 1981-1983. Needless to say we feature in a few and I am sure some, if not all are on The Goldstone Rap but here are a few pics including one candidate for Up The Arse in Viz.

1.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ha - also found 2 copies of WSC and found a great article from a Charlton fan about ground sharing and Ron Noades. Here is a snippet

The Selhurst Park Experience. Sounds like a crap Sixties blues band and is about as much fun. It's no place like home when the police herd us back to the station after a match, or the roads are clogged up for ages even though there's only 5000 of us. It seems like my every misery can be traced to the landlord of that concrete cesspit ever since the vulture landed on Charlton's dying carcass and dragged it off to London SE25. He even invented the Full Members Cup which we lost in a Wembley final to a club 200 miles away whose fans outnumbered us.

And why is there always a huge puddle by the food hut when it hasn't rained for weeks? And, of course, there's the rent; they're attempting to patch up their team with part of our gate receipts (let alone whatever we'll have to cough up to buy out our ten year contract).

A message to our landlords: You can stick your Selhurst Park up your arse.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not Literature related but i found a old Blue White and Red 1990s Admiral Brighton & Hove Albion Cotton Training top at a booty in of all places Wellingborough , i picked it up for £3 no tears or rips , no idea how much it's worth now but not going to sell it in any case , lovely bit of kit , i often wander round the charity shops looking out for the odd Albion related goody and came up trumps a few times with some nice original replica shirts from the 80s and 90s

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here