Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Russia and their welcoming charm

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Before the world cup there were a lot of warnings for English people travelling to the world cup. Since it started all we've heard is positivity and happiness from the Russian hosts.

Question is: Now they have been knocked out will the vibe change? are we in for the predicted violence or will the friendliness remain.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Before the world cup there were a lot of warnings for English people travelling to the world cup. Since it started all we've heard is positivity and happiness from the Russian hosts.

Question is: Now they have been knocked out will the vibe change? are we in for the predicted violence or will the friendliness remain.

I expect it will all change back now, leopards and all that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i would expect that there will be a large contingent of thugs in Moscow ready to put any gobby , disrespectful , norberts in their place ............from the shots of the English crowd so far it looks like a bit of a dad's army affair with a smattering of skinny 20 somethings .............not many of our a - team there at all and i would say that if there are any they will be keeping their best behaviour seeing as once they are dealt with by the local boys they will then need to be "assisted" by the local authorities.

you would have to be a lunatic to stick your neck out in Moscow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I taught in Moscow for twelve years. People there are friendly, engaging and hospitable. It’s a Mafia state riddled with institutional corruption, but on an individual basis you’re still dealing with mums, dads, brothers and sisters.

Perhaps the English press and our political leaders have an agenda to promote that is just stirring, the same as they did for South Africa in 2010 and Brazil in 2014, with tales of crime and danger to put fans off travelling? It’s certainly worked this time given the relatively few number of English fans who have travelled.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
of course the friendliness will continue. Putin doesnt want to suddenly have maurding thugs on the streets spoiling the the show that has gone so well to now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here